As you might have already read about PTCL’s Smart TV App on this website, particularly about their World Cup offer that includes AD-Free Live streaming of entire Cricket World Cup on your Smartphones (Android and iOS) Laptops or PCs.
With Smart TV App, you don’t have to miss your favourite cricketing moments while on the go, even when in Office, university, college or even while you are on the road.
Not to mention, AD-Free world cup cricket matches is a rare treat that PTCL is offering for the first time in Pakistan. The amount of ADs that are shown during live world cup cricket matches is so humongous that we usually watch cricket match during ads.
Check here about what people had to say about AD-Free World Cup on Twitter.
Before we go ahead with service review, let’s have a look at the features of Smart TV App:
AD Free World Cup Live Streaming of All Matches
- Smart TV App offers complete ICC World Cup 2015 live streaming without advertisements – a first in Pakistan.
- Watch previous matches through TVoD (TV on Demand) by rewinding TV Stream up to seven days back.
- Live cricket matches can be watched on Smartphones (Android and iOS), iPads, Laptops or desktops
- Use PTCL’s Smart TV app to watch live world cup matches with any internet service (including your 3G network)
- You don’t have to be on PTCL’s DSL or EVO Internet to stream live World Cup Matches
Clearly its a one stop solution for all your TV viewing needs during ICC Cricket World Cup 2015. With Smart App, you can watch any cricket match, TV show, drama or literally anything on your Mobile Phones or laptops.
150 Live TV Channels with Smart TV App
- Other than Cricket World Cup Matches, you can stream over 150 channels (List available below) on your Smartphone (Android and iOS), Laptop or desktops with single subscription.
- Other than Live TV Channels, enjoy lots of entertainment content such as movies, drama serials, documentaries, kids programs, and more.
- Experience TV on Demand (TVoD): Watch TV content by choosing program of your choice with Smart TV App. You can rewind TV stream up to seven days back to access content of your choice.
- Parental lock
- World Cup special package (for entire ICC Cricket World Cup 2015) is for Rs. 499 and will include all features and channels in addition to special ad-free Cricket World Cup Streaming.
- After March 31st, 2015:
- This service would be free for 4Mbps, 8Mbps DSL and Charji Customers
- All other subscribers would be able to avail this service for Rs. 250 per month charges
Download Smart TV App for Android and iOS
How to Register an Account
- Go to http://www.smarttv.com.pk/
- Click on Sign-up button (available on top right corner)
- Fill the registration form and get an MDN (you will need this MDN for making payment)
- And you are done.
For User Installation Manual: https://apps.facebook.
- EVO Scratch Card: You can make payment within the app by entering an EVO prepaid voucher
- EasyPaisa / UBL Omni / Uload: Give your MDN to the nearest EasyPaisa, UBL Omni or Uload shop. Your AMD number is the one that you received during registration process.
- Cash at PTCL OSS
- Credit/Debit Card: You can also pay via credit/debit card by going to http://my.ptcl.net.pk/. Create an account there and follow the instructions.
How to Watch Live World Cup Cricket Matches
- Go to Google Play Store or iTunes Apps store to download the apps.
- Search for “PTCL Smart TV”
- Download App
Please make sure you select the Pakistan market / store to download the App.
Once Downloaded and installed, Here is what you are going to be greeted with:
Here you will have to sign up with your User name and Password to start viewing Live TV Channels:
How to Watch Live Cricket Matches on PC/Laptops
- Simply head to http://www.smarttv.com.pk/
- Login with your user name and password and start viewing live your favourite TV channel.
List of Channels on Smart TV App
The PTCL Smart TV app has 150 live TV channels available for viewing. These include all major Pakistani channels and PEMRA approved international channels.
Below is the list of available channels with Smart TV app: