It is not really that uncommon for companies to re-launch their aging flagships again and HTC is the latest company to follow suit. The result is the new HTC One M8s which is almost completely the same phone as last year, bar the UltraPixel camera and internals.
The display is set at the same 5” with 1080p resolution. That’s still not too shabby at all and still leads to 441ppi. The design is the same outstanding brushed aluminium, available in three colours.
Underneath, you get the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with eight cores – Cortex-A53 with half running at a higher speed than normal. Then there’s 2 GB worth RAM and 16 or 32 GB internal storage, expandable by up to 128 GB.
At the back lies a 13 megapixel camera with 1080p video recording. There’s still a depth sensor but the UltraPixel camera is finally gone for good. The front also boasts a 5 mp camera. The BoomSound speakers are still here, and connectivity options set at 4G, NFC, Bluetooth and IR Blaster. Battery capacity is set at 2,840 mAh non-expandable. The phone runs on Android Lollipop with HTC Sense 6, rather than version 7.
The pricing of the phone is set at 380 pounds ($565), almost the same as last year. With the announcement of this phone, HTC now has three top-end phones which look the same, but we’re not complaining.
HTC M8s Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense 6
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Design: Brushed aluminium, available in Grey, Silver and Gold
- Display: 5” with 1080p Full HD resolution (441 ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16/32 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 128 GB
- Primary: 13 megapixel with Full HD video recording at 60 fps
- Secondary: 5 mp Full HD
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, IR Blaster
- Battery: 2,840 mAh
- Price: 380 pounds ($565)