Enrolling in a university is one of the biggest decisions of most people’s lives. The money spent, time involved and choice of degree determines the course of a young person’s life.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of universities taking advantage of the never ending stream of students and are starting their programs without obtaining the proper accreditation from their respective professional councils. Not every program, every batch and every university get accredited so that means students have to face the very scary prospect of their efforts not being recognized at all by professional bodies. Clearly the institutions themselves have no shame and are just interested in making money.
That’s why HEC has issued a public notice bringing this matter to light. The council has stressed parents and prospective students to do their due diligence and ensure the degree program they are enrolling in has been accredited and verified by their respective councils.
Here’s a list of 9 professional councils and 4 HEC established accreditation councils. You can contact them to make sure you won’t be wasting your time and money on a degree with a dodgy status.
List of Professional Councils in Pakistan:
- Pakistan Engineering Council
- Pakistan Medical and Dental Council
- Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council
- Pakistan Nursing Council
- Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners
- Pharmacy Council of Pakistan
- Pakistan Bar Council
- National Council for Homeopathy
- National Council for Tibb
List of Accreditation Councils Establish by HEC in Pakistan:
- National Agriculture Education Accreditation Council
- National Business Education Accreditation Council
- National Computing Education Accreditation Council
- National Accreditation Council for Teacher Education