At the Annual General Meeting in Care Pvt, the President of Pakistan Software Houses Association for IT & ITES (PASHA), Jehan Ara, made the announcement that a new Chairman and Central Executive Committee have been elected.
Dr Shoaib A. Khan has been replaced by Syed Ahmad as the Chairman of PASHA. The ex-Chairman, Dr Shoaib, briefed the new Chairman and the General Body about the areas that PASHA had focused on during the previous year. The briefing especially focused on relations with the government, its departments, different organisations and the academic sector.
The Annual Meeting also consisted of discussions on goals and objectives for the upcoming year. Different strategies were discussed to take the Tax Holiday extension initiatives forward. The removal of 8 percent withholding tax (WHT) was also discussed to assist in improving the IT sector.
While speaking to the participants in the meeting, Jehan Ara congratulated the new Chairman, CEC members and Office Bearers. The new members were also introduced to the General Body, who were part of the meeting. She also assured the new office holders of full support from the PASHA Secretariat team.
The new Office holders for the upcoming year 2015-16 are listed below:
- Chairman Syed Ahmed (CEO, DPL Pvt. Ltd)
- Senior Vice Chairman Zafar Khan (CEO, Sofizar (Pvt.) Ltd.)
- Vice Chairman Farzal Dojki (CEO, Next Generation Innovation)
- Treasurer Muhammad Zohaib Khan (CEO, A2Z Creatorz)
Members of the Central Executive Committee:
- Amin Uddin Ansari (CEO, CTO 24/7 (Pvt) Ltd)
- Talha Munir Khan (Country Manager, Knowledge Platform (Pvt) Ltd)
- Shahjahan Chaudhary (CEO, TEAMANTS Pvt. Ltd.)
- Atif Mumtaz (CEO, Personforce Consulting (Private) Limited)
- Dr Shoab A Khan (CEO, CARE Pvt. Ltd)
- Jamal A Khan (CEO, Advanced Research Projects and Technologies (Pvt) Ltd)