The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) has launched SMS short code service to disseminate timely information and authenticate the licensed/ registered entities.
The timely and easy delivery of information to general public and stakeholders will help to mitigate the possible scams and frauds in the capital markets and provide utmost convenience to all stakeholders.
The SECP advises general public to never invest in an unregistered company and avoid investment through an unlicensed entity. Before taking any decision for their investments, the potential investors can now get confirmed status of any entity by sending just an SMS to 8181.
The following digital services are now available to public through a dedicated short code 8181:
- SMS Verification Services: Following 4 verification services are currently available through “8181” service:
- Company Verification Service [SMS to 8181]
- Licence Verification Service [SMS LV to 8181]
- Agent Verification Service [SMS to 8181]
- Modaraba Verification Service [SMS MV to 8181]
- On subscribing to Value Added Services (VAS), the subscriber will be entitled to receive the quotes on saving and investment, regulatory and enforcement action taken by the SECP, notifications and alerts on scams and frauds.
- To subscribe VAS: [SMS sub to 8181] (one time regular SMS rate will be charged to subscriber)