When OnePlus became a hit, Lenovo followed its footsteps to create its own startup, Zuk, which works in a similar manner. Lenovo-backed Zuk released the Z1 late last year and the phone has been a hit both locally in China and internationally. Now, Cheezmall is bringing the phone to Pakistan with freebies that are worth over Rs. 7,000.
Zuk Z1 might not cost as much as a typical flagship phone, but its build quality definitely remind you of a premium phone. The phone comes with a 5.5-inch 1080p IPS display in a CNC machined aviation grade aluminum frame which went through 15 procedures and 209 operations. The back is made of a curved glossy plastic material.
In terms of specifications, the Z1 boasts a Snapdragon 801 coupled with 3GB of RAM. Zuk chose the Snapdragon 801 because the chipset has none of the problems faced by Qualcomm’s recent processors like 808 or 810.
The phone comes with 64GB of storage eliminating the need of a micro SD card. There’s a humongous 4,100 mAh battery inside the 8.9 mm thin body which should make the phone last for days. The battery can be charged via the bundled 2.5A fast charger, thanks to the use of a USB Type-C port which supports the USB 3.1 standard.
Zuk says that 5 min of charging should be sufficient for 2 hours of calling.
The camera department features a 13MP Sony IMX214 camera, the same one used by OnePlus One, and has Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) as well. There’s an 8MP front facing camera as well.
A unique entry into the mix is the U-Touch key. The button has a built-in fingerprint sensor. It’s of the touch variety, so multiple functions are supported. A simple touch means back, a press translates to home button, double tap can be used to open task switcher and swipes can be used to switch between apps. Those who like the traditional method of operation can use the user-assignable capacitive keys as well.
Zuk chose to go with Cyanogen OS, again, just like the OnePlus One. The phone currently runs version 12.1 based on Lollipop 5.1 but a Marshmallow upgrade is close to release and the beta is already available for download.
Cheezmall will offer some free extras along with the Zuk Z1 on launch day. These are:
- Free Smartwatch, which typically costs Rs 4,999
- Free 12GB Zong Internet for 6 months, which usually costs Rs 2,100 (2GB/month)
Lenovo Zuk Z1 Specifications:
- CPU: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Chipset: Snapdragon 801
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop based Cyanogen OS 12.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G Dual-SIM
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 77.3 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Other: U-Touch Fingerprint Sensor
- Display: 5.5” with 1080p resolution (401 ppi)
- Advanced off-screen gesture support
- RAM: 3 GB RAM
- Internal: 64GB
- Card slot: none
- Primary: 13MP with OIS, 2160p(4K) video,720p Slow-mo Video, HDR and Dual tone Flash
- Secondary: 8MP/1080p
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with GLONASS, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C with 3.1 standard, Dual SIM, FM Radio
- Battery: 4,100 mAh with 2.5A charger
- Colours: Space Gray, White
- Expected Price: Rs 35,000-37,000
- Availability: CheezMall is planning to launch this phone on Feb 19th, 2016
In short, the phone has everything the OnePlus One offers plus some useful improvements in storage, battery and sensors.
Zuk Z1 will come in two colors, white and space gray. The phone can be ordered from Cheezmall at the link given below and will require 20% payment to be made in advance.
To order yours, head here for Zuk Z1 Pre-Orders.