Lenovo has launched a new flagship smartphone under its ZUK brand of phones. The phone, following the philosophy of the brand comes with minimal skinning and brings top-end features for an acceptable price.
In fact, the ZUK Z2 Pro comes with surprisingly potent specs. It can be easy to mistake it for a Korean flagship (Lenovo is Chinese after all) if you don’t know about its origins.
Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro Features
The display at the front comes with a 5.2” Super AMOLED panel, down from 5.5”, with 1080p resolution. It is surrounded by a 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 and has sRGB color gamut with incredible 500 nits of brightness. It also has a near invisible 0.5 mm black border. The phone supports up to two NANO-SIM cards.
Under the hood, you’ll get a new Snapdragon 820 processor, comprising two dual-core Kryo CPUs and Adreno 530 GPU. Perhaps the most-high end feature here is the 6 GB worth LPDDR4 RAM with 128 GB of faster UFS 2.0 storage. (If you think that’s gimmicky, there’ll be a 64 GB/4 GB version available later on.)
At the back sits the 13 MP ISOCELL sensor with true-tone Flash, 1.34um pixels and 4K video recording. The front also has an 8 MP camera with 1.4um pixels and a smart beautification mode which alters the photo after judging your gender.
Connectivity does leave out NFC, but instead retains Cat.6 LTE, Wi-Fi ac, and obviously USB 3.1 connections through a Type-C port. It also comes with a barrage of sensors, including heart-rate scanner, fingerprint sensor, altimeter and a 15-level UV sensor.
Heart Rate Monitor
Battery has a modest 3,100 mAh capacity, and comes with nice Quick Charge 3.0 capability.
But the defining feature could well be the price. On the same level as any good modern smartphone, it costs way less at about $420. And then there’ll be a 4GB/64GB version coming soon too. If you are in the market for a high-end phone with an acceptable price and a reputable maker (Lenovo), then your decision just got considerably harder.
Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro Specifications:
- CPU: 2.15 Ghz dual-core Kryo + 1.6 Ghz dual-core Kryo
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE (Cat.6); dual NANO SIMs
- Display: 5.2” Super AMOLED with 1080p (1080 x 1920) resolution
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with 500 nits brightness
- Memory: RAM: 6 GB / Internal: 128 GB UFS 2.0
- Card slot: No
- Camera: Primary: 13 MP ISOCELL with dual-tone flash, f/1.8, phase-detection AF,1.34um pixels and 4K recording
- Secondary: 8 MP with 1.4um pixels, f/2.0
- Connectivity: USB Type-C (3.1), Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, VoLTE
- Fingerprint-scanner, optical heart-rate sensor, altimeter, UV sensor
- Battery: 3,100 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- Price: $420 (Approx. Rs. 43,400)
Image Source: GSMArena