Huawei has made official the P9 Lite, its mini flagship version similar to what LG did. The phone is essentially a cheaper and less powerful alternative to the P9. Called the P9 Lite, it succeeds last year’s P8 Lite.
The display is a 5.2” panel with 1080p resolution. The back boasts a fingerprint scanner, and a sole 13 MP camera with LED, rather than the dual-camera setup of its sibling.
The front also boasts an 8 MP shooter. Underneath, you’ll get a Kirin 650, rather than Kirin 955 of the P9, with an option of 2 or 3 GB RAM, and 16 GB of storage which is expandable by 128 GB. The OS run by the phone is the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei Emotion UI 4.1, while the battery capacity is set at 3,000 mAh.
The P9 Lite will be available in Black, White and Gold, and will be priced in the region of about $320, which is round about what you’d expect of a phone of this kind.
It still may not be the last of the series, as the P9 Max is expected to be released any time now.
Huawei P9 Lite specifications:
- CPU: 64-bit octa-core
- Chipset: Kirin 650
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Supported Networks: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Display: 5.2” with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- Memory: RAM: 2/3 GB / Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 128 GB
- Camera: Primary: 13 MP with LED Flash / Secondary: 8 MP
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Colors: Black, White and Gold
- Price: Around $320 (approx. Rs. 33,500)
Image Credits : Android Headline, Official Huawei Press Shots