Zong is celebrating its 8th anniversary in Pakistan. The Chinese network took over PakTel in 2008 and ever since, the telecom service provider has been on a fast track to change the telecom industry and gain market share.
Zong was the first international brand of China Mobile outside China. It is still one of the largest telecom service providers in China with a customer base of over 834 million users.
Their target has been “to allow people to communicate at will without worrying about tariffs, network coverage, capacity issues or congestion. With ambitious plans to cater to the fastest growing Pakistani market and to win over the Pakistani customer.”
Since Zong entered the Pakistani market, their competitive prices forced the call and SMS rates to drop rapidly. The company was also the first one to introduce a one-day unlimited message packages.
The company has released a special video to celebrate its 8th anniversary. Some of the main points mentioned shared in the video are:
- World’s largest telecom operator working in Pakistan since 2008.
- The total number of employees who launched the company were a little over 500.
- Zong’s current number of employees surpass 4000.
- The Chinese operator has 47 offices in Pakistan.
- One of the biggest foreign investors in the history of Pakistan.
- State-of-the-art 3G+4G infrastructure across the country.
- Zong serves more than 24 million customers in Pakistan alone.
Finally, here’s Zong’s message for its customers in Pakistan.