Working since 2011 in Pakistan, the basic idea behind Invest2innovate has been to help and support young entrepreneurs trying to build innovative & scalable businesses.
Unlike most of the start-up accelerator programs, i2i is looking for entrepreneurs making direct or indirect impact in health, nutrition and/or accountability sectors. They select entrepreneurs with ground-breaking ideas for an annual program designed to grow businesses and position them for investment.
As of yet, i2i has accelerated around 21 start-ups in Pakistan – raising capital of over $1M and creating over 850 jobs. Besides that, i2i also provides data, insights & analysis to help stakeholders navigate & understand growth markets.
i2i is an annual four-month program that runs from September to January each year. If you’re looking to apply for this program, make sure you fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- Business venture must be based or have operations in Pakistan and is seeking $100K-$200K investment.
- Founders must be financially viable or have plans to become viable in the future.
- Founders must be serving full-time on their venture in Pakistan.
- Businesses must create a positive social or environmental impact, with a direct or indirect impact on health, nutrition and/or accountability.
- It must NOT be a not-for-profit business. Business must be for-profit or have plans to become for-profit company.
For this year, all start-ups will receive a seed grant (around UK Pounds 10K) to be used over the four months to grow their businesses and expand their impact.
Companies seeking opportunity in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa or Punjab are preferred, though everyone can apply for this program.
Registration Deadline, Venue and Timings
You can submit your applications for this year’s Accelerator program from today – 10th May 2016.
Application deadline is June 10, 2016.
Finalists will be announced in July, with the winner being decided in the final in August.
The next batch of the program will run from September 2016 – January 2017.
The i2i team will be holding mentoring and targeted sessions in Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore for selected entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs will also be connected with angel investors at the end of the program.
For further inquiries, you can check their website http://www.invest2innovate.com