Xiaomi’s new phone, the Mi Max is its biggest to date and that too by quite a margin. The phone, with a 6.44” display is one of the larger ones we’ve seen in a while and comes with a set of different specs depending on the price.
The display retains a 1080p resolution. The phone supports Dual-SIM connectivity, with one card also carrying out the duties of storage expansion. The design is also quite svelte at just 7.5 mm thin.
Under the hood, you get either a choice of Snapdragon 650 or a 652. The difference is that the former has a dual-core Cortex-A72 plus quad-core Cortex-A53 setup, while the latter has both of these CPU configurations in quad-core.
You have the option of either 3 or 4 GB RAM and 32, 64 or 128 GB storage, which can be expanded. There is a 16 MP camera on the back with LED Flash, as well as a circular fingerprint scanner. The front also has a 5 MP wide-angle shooter.
Connectivity options include LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.2 and microUSB. The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with the new MIUI 8.
Pricing of the phone starts at $230 for the basic S650/3GB/32GB version. You can upgrade to a 652 with 4 GB for $260 while the high-end S652 with 4GB/128GB will set you back by $310.
Xiaomi Mi Max Specifications:
- CPU: 1.8 Ghz dual-core Cortex-A72 (or quad-core in the better version) plus 1.2 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 650/652
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G; dual-SIM
- Display: 6.44” with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- Memory: RAM: 3/4 GB / Internal: 32/64/128 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Camera: Primary: 16 MP with dual-LED Flash and phase-detection autofocus
- Secondary: 5 MP, 85-degree wide-angle
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ac, LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, microUSB, GPS/GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4,850 mAh
- Price: $230-$310 (Rs. 24,000-32,000 approx.)