Sony has made an all new smartphone for the mid-range market, once again using a MediaTek processor with a moderately sized display.
On the front of the Xperia E5, you get a 5” display with 720p resolution. No word on whether there is any protection. You do get Category 4 LTE as well as optional Dual-SIM support.
You get a quad-core processor as well as 1.5 GB RAM and 16 GB of internal storage. The back and the front boast 13 and 5 MP cameras, respectively, both coming with their own respective LED flashes.
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, NFC and GPS, apart from LTE obviously. It weighs 143 grams and is 8.2 mm thick.
Battery capacity of the phone is set at 2,700 mAh which is said to provide up to 2 days’ worth of average use. The phone will be available in either black or white variants.
Pricing is set at 199 Euros. The phone will be available in the next few weeks.
Sony Xperia E5 Specifications:
- CPU: 1.3 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6735
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (customized)
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; optional Dual-SIM
- Display: 5” IPS with 720p (720 x 1280) resolution
- RAM: 1.5 GB
- Internal: 16GB
- Card slot: yes, by up to 200 GB
- Primary: 13 MP with LED Flash
- Secondary: 5 MP with LED Flash
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth, GPS, Cat.4 LTE, FM Radio
- Battery: 2,700 mAh
- Price: 199 Euros (approx. Rs. 24,000)