There is always a market for budget smartphones in Pakistan. Predictably, they sell the most in Pakistan which is why most of the companies try to target the budget crowd in order to succeed in the country.
Huawei recently unveiled their newest budget offering, the Huawei Y3 II. The smartphone is built to with money conscious consumers in mind.
It comes in two variants, Huawei Y3 II 3G and Huawei Y3 II 4G. Y3 II comes with a 4.5″ WVGA screen with a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. It has a 5MP rear camera with autofocus and dual LED flash, and a 2MP front camera. 8GB of onboard storage is available with 1GB ram. It has a microSD card slot with support for upto 32 GBs.
The difference between the two versions is the processor, Y3 II 3G has a Mediatek MT6582M processor, while the Y3 II 4G comes with a Mediatek MT6735M processor.
Aside from the processor there is no other difference between the two aside from connectivity, one is 3G only while the other offers 4G as well.
The phone is available in Pakistan, with Zong offering 3000MBs of 4G data for 6 months if you buy from them. The price for the 4G variant of this phone is Rs 9,800 with no word on the price for the 3G version.
These are the full specifications for Huawei Y3 II 3G and 4G.
Huawei Y3 II Specifications
- CPU: 1.3 Ghz quad-core Cortex A7 (3G), 1.0 Ghz quad-core Cortex A53 (4G)
- GPU: Mali-400MP2 (3G), Mali-T720MP2 (4G)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6582M (3G), Mediatek MT6735M (4G)
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1 Lite
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual-SIM
- 4.5” with WVGA (480 x 854) resolution
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal: 8 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 32 GB
- Primary: 5 MP, autofocus, dual-LED Flash
- Secondary: 2 MP
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP, LE, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, GPS with A-GPS
- Battery: Removable Li-Po 2100 mAh
- Price: Rs. 9800 (4G), unknown for 3G
- Colors: Obsidian Black, Arctic White, Sand Gold, Rose Pink, Sky Blue