With barely any hype, Huawei has announced the smaller sibling of its Mate 9 flagship. The new phone comes in a slightly smaller package and a slightly curbed down processor.
The display is smaller at 5.5-inch with a 1080p resolution, but it does come with 2.5D curved class. The phone is also 8.2mm thick and tips the scales at 162 grams. The display runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.1, down from Android 7.0 Nougat on its older sibling.
Under the hood, you get an octa-core Kirin 655 processor with either 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB storage, or 4 GB RAM with 64 GB storage. Storage is not expandable. The back boasts a similar dual-camera setup of the Mate 9, but this time the cameras are of 12 MP and 2 MP resolution.
The camera boasts 0.3 second autofocus and 1.25nm pixel size. The metallic construction also boasts a fingerprint scanner on the back.
Last is the 3,340 mAh battery. The Mate 9 Lite will be available in three colors, but when and at what price are details which are yet to be known.
Huawei Mate 9 Lite Specifications:
- CPU: Quad-core 2.1GHz + quad-core 1.7GHz
- Chipset: Huawei Kirin 655
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- 5.5-inch 2.5D with 1080p resolution
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: no
- Primary: 12 MP + 2 MP dual-camera, LED, 0.3s PDAF, 1.25nm pixel size
- Secondary: 8 MP
- Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, LTE, GPS
- Battery: 3,340 mAh
- Color: Gold, Gray and Silver
- Price: TBA