Netflix launched in Pakistan amidst much fanfare earlier this year. Are you a heavy user of the streaming service? Well, here is how you can save movies from Netflix on your SD card to save your data as well as phone space.
Normally when you save a Netflix movie on, they are saved in a nondescript folder on your phone’s built-in storage. You can, however, copy it on an SD card to save phone space but you will need to copy it back into the phone’s memory to make it viewable.
The process may seem tedious but if you are in for a long flight or are going somewhere with limited connectivity, it can be a godsend.
How To Save a Netflix Movie on an SD Card
- Open any file manager on your phone (or download one from Google Play).
- Turn on the option to show hidden files and folders by going into the file manager’s settings.
- Go to Device Storage > Android > data > com.netflix.mediaclient > files > Download > .of by using the file explorer.
- Here you’ll see a folder named with a string of numbers. Just long-press on the folder copy/cut it.
- Open your SD card inside the file explorer and paste the folder over there.
- When you want to watch your movie or TV show again, you will have to copy the folder back to its original location in step 3.
Although a lot of people were left disappointed by the limiting collection of movies, Netflix has been gradually more shows to its lineup. Netflix has unveiled plans to double the amount of its original programming for next year, hopefully bringing more content for its users in the process.