Xiaomi is perhaps the best known around the world when it comes to delivering value under a budget and the latest Redmi Note 4 phone will likely carry that forward.
Design and Display
The new phone comes with a large 5.5” IPS display with FHD 1080p resolution. It has a 2.5D curved glass on the front, while the aluminum design itself will be a plus for any mid-range phone. No other company releases phones in this price range with a metal body.
Internals and Memory
Underneath, you’ll get the slightly under-powered but more efficient 14nm Snapdragon 625 processor. It will be accompanied with RAM and storage combinations of 2 GB/32 GB, 3 GB/32 GB and 4 GB/64 GB. Adreno 506 will be handling the graphics in the Redmi Note 4.
Camera and Battery
The back camera boasts a 77-degree wide-angle 13 MP CMOS shooter, with PDAF and a dual-tone LED flash. Below the camera setup sits the fingerprint scanner. The front camera on the other hand features an 85-degree 5 MP CMOS shooter.
The phone supports dual-SIM via a hybrid dual-SIM slot. The Redmi Note 4 unfortunately runs the older 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8. The battery features a large 4,100 mAh unit and is promised to last up to 2 days. It is set to bring an improvement of 25 percent over its predecessor, the Redmi Note 3.
Pricing is set at $146 for the base variant, $161 for the 3 GB memory variant, or $190 for the top-end model with 4 GB RAM. Under those prices, the Redmi Note 4 is likely going to be one of the most formidable budget offerings in the market.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specifications
- CPU: 8x ARM Cortex A53 @2.0 GHz
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; hybrid Dual-SIM
- 5.5″ 2.5D IPS with Full HD 1080p resolution
- RAM: 2/3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 128 GB
- Primary: 13 MP, 77-degree wide-angle CMOS sensor, dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection autofocus, f/2.0, 1.15nm pixels
- Secondary: 5 MP, 85-degree CMOS sensor
- Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi, GPS, MicroUSB, IR Blaster
- Battery: 4100 mAh
- Price: $146 (2 GB/32 GB), $161 (3 GB/32 GB), $190 (4 GB/ 64 GB)