Samsung seems to be gearing up for a major launch it seems. Just after the Mobile World Congress concluded, the South Korea Smartphone maker has announced their new midrange offering, the Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro.
The Super AMOLED display on the front is of 5.2-inch size and comes at a respectable 1080p resolution. It features the Always On display as well. The design follows the high-end Galaxy flagships’ philosophy and is made of a neat-looking metallic finish.
Under the hood, you’ll find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 processor with its 8 Cortex A-53 cores clocked at 2.2GHz, quite similar to the Snapdragon 625 which is also a mid range staple. It is accompanied with spacious 4 GB RAM and a microSD card slot for expansion to 64 GB onboard storage.
At the front and back are 16 MP cameras with f/1.9 aperture, with the back camera featuring a dual LED flash. The front comes with a fingerprint scanner with support for Samsung Pay via NFC.
The phone will be available in Pink, Blue and Gold. Currently available in China, the Galaxy C5 Pro’s pricing is set at around $360.
Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro Specifications:
- CPU: 2.2 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 626
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual-SIM
- Dimensions: 145.7 x 71.4 x 7 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- Display: 5.2” Super AMOLED with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution (424 pixel density)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal: 64 GB
- Card slot: yes, supports up to 256 GB of expandable storage
- Primary: 16 MP, f/1.9, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, HDR, 1080p video
- Secondary: 16 MP, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint scanner with Samsung Pay
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS, USB type-C, NFC
- Colours: Maple Leaf, Powder Rose, Lake Blue
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Price: $360