The Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) organized the 3rd ICT Awards (Information Communication Technology Awards) yesterday. Minister of State Ms Anusha Rehman was the chief guest on the occasion.
The RCCI President Raja Amer Iqbal, Senior Vice President Rashid Waien, Vice President Asim Malik, Group leaders, former presidents, Chairman ICT Committee Raja Omar, Chairman PTA Ismail Shah , MD Pakistan Software export board (PSEB), Vice chairman IT committee Col. Aziz Ahmad, and officials, CEOs of leading IT and Telecom companies, government officials and members of the RCCI executive committee were also present on the occasion.
There were 15 award categories. Hera are all the winners from the night.
- Trillium Information Security Systems grabbed the RCCI ICT Company of the Year award
- NetSol Technologies Inc. received Excellence in software export award
- Telenor Pakistan won Excellence in telecommunication
- Power Information Technology Company received Excellence in E-Governance
- Auto-Soft Dynamics Pvt. Limited named for Technology Innovation Award
- Excellence in E-Finance won by NetSol Technologies Inc.
- ICT Implementation award received by Teradata GCC
- Domestic Revenue Achievement Award won by Inbox Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- Best Health Information System awards went to CureMD
- Excellence in Mobile Healthcare awards won by TeleSehat Private Limited
- Public E-Health Solution Award won by Rescue 1122
- Technology Implementation in Healthcare received by Shifa International Hospital Ltd.
- Healthcare Technology Innovation Award won by Sybrid Pvt Ltd.
- Excellence In Healthcare Software Export won by Medical Transcription Billing, Corporation (MTBC)
- Defence Technology Award received by Pakistan Ordinance Factory.
Anusha Rehman while addressing the ceremony appreciated the role of RCCI in promoting IT sector and entrepreneurship.
We are working towards making Pakistan a Digital Pakistan. Digital economy through IT, freelancing work, startups, ecommerce and mobile apps are the future of Pakistan
“Pakistan has achieved remarkable achievement in the field of IT. We were 3% two years back on broadband penetration, now it has jumped up to 27%”, she added.
RCCI President Raja Amer Iqbal in his address said that the Rawalpindi Chamber is the only Chamber of the country arranging such awards. RCCI had organized its first Information and Communication Technology Awards in 2015 which was also for the first time in the region.
This initiative was taken to promote a healthy competition among organizations from IT sector.
“This year we organized the 3rd RCCI ICT Awards with the same fervor. The Awards aim at giving merit based recognition to those in the IT sector who have showed up to the mark performance in the year. This creates an atmosphere of healthy competition among the IT giants and the startups.”
Raja Amer Iqbal said that ICT industry has a market share of approximately $3 billion in Pakistan but no step is being taken from the government side to promote it. He said that twin cities have 40 percent share of the total business of ICT in the country as many multinational companies have established their offices there.
“RCCI ICT AWARDS aims at honoring Pakistani companies at the cutting edge of technology innovation as well as leading professionals across ICT industry of Pakistan”, he added.
Chairman PTA, in his address said that numbers of internet users are increasing remarkably. PTA being regulator has increased its capacity to address the issues related IT sector.
“Now we are channelizing and working on legislation and streamlining the process of E-commerce. Few years back no one was aware of Careem, Uber in Pakistan. We are monitoring the situation related to the content being published on social media. One cant stop the technology but we need to put a proper filter and check. Banning everything is not a solution at all.”
Chairman ICT Committee, Raja Omer Iqbal said that Rawalpindi and Islamabad is the hub of ICT industry and that’s why RCCI took this initiative to promote the industry. He said, “This time we received more nominees and this reflects that the industry is growing and more companies want to participate in this event. There was a tough competition due to complex evaluation process.”
In the end, the chief guest distributed shields among the winners and visited different stalls.