Telenor Pakistan has officially started Telenor Youth Forum 2017 (TYF) in Pakistan. The program is geared towards the talented individuals of Pakistan who really want to make a difference in the world. It is giving people between the ages of 20 and 28 the opportunity to showcase their ideas to the rest of the world.
The Telenor Youth Forum has been started in collaboration with the Nobel Peace Center and aims to bring together participants from thirteen markets worldwide where Telenor operates.
These potential youth leaders in the making will have to address social problems with digital solutions. The delegates chosen from around the world will have one year together to come up with a solution to a pre-assigned social problem with the team they have been placed in. The teamwork is designed in such a way that it will build awareness, understanding, and help the participants engage with other cultures and norms, with the hopeful result of building peace within their communities and worldwide.
The program started in early December 2016 in Oslo, Norway and will conclude just in time for the run up to the Nobel Peace Prize for 2017.
The participants meet physically only twice in the year and will have to work together through social media and other virtual forms of communication. However, at the end of the one year they are expected to have come up with and deliver on the plans they had for their projects.
After this they will work with the Nobel Peace Center to organize an exhibition showcasing their solution to the social issue that they were challenged with.
- You need to be between the ages of 20 and 28 when applying;
- TYF is open to citizens from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Thailand, Sweden, India, Malaysia, Hungary, Denmark, Norway, Myanmar, Montenegro, Serbia;
- You should be currently enrolled in university or equivalent higher education institution;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Interested in finding solutions to social problems in your community and worldwide;
- Have prior volunteering, activism, or leadership experience.
How to Register?
The Telenor Youth Forum has also made it very simple for candidates to apply.
Their Youth Forum page already has a form that you can fill out in order to register for the program here.