The two phones will be available on August 5th in China for $430 and $530 respectively.
Design and Display
As you can see from the image, the main highlight of the Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus is the secondary display on the back. Overall the phone itself looks generic from the front, it does have tiny bezels on the sides which is a plus.
Meizu Pro 7 has a 5.2 inch Super AMOLED display with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution (424 PPI). Pro 7 Plus has a larger 5.7 inch Super AMOLED screen with QHD (2560 x 1440) resolution (515 PPI).
On the back is the 0.9 inch secondary screen (also AMOLED) with a 240 x 536 resolution (307 ppi).
It turns on automatically when you flip the phone over. It works as a weather clock, a notification area, music player and as a selfie screen using the main camera.
This may actually be a better implementation of a second screen than LG’s V series (or the recent Q series).
Internals and Storage
In terms of processing power, the two phones have a different target audience. The Meizu Pro 7 comes with an octa core MediaTek Helio P25 processor with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage.
The Pro 7 Plus features a high end deca-core MediaTek Helio X30 processor with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage.
Unfortunately there is no memory card slot on the two phones, however dual-SIM functionality is available.
Android 7.0 Nougat is included with Meizu’s Flyme 6 skin on top.
Camera and Battery
The camera setup on the phones is the same with dual 12 MP Sony IMX 386 sensors. One of the cameras shoots in full color and the other in monochrome, similar to Huawei’s setup. The two combine to offer solid low light performance.
The phones also include phase detection autofocus and a dual-LED (dual tone) flash.
Up front is a larger 16 MP sensor for snapping selfies, however you won’t be using it much for selifes because of the second screen on the back of the phone.
As the name implies the Pro 7 has a smaller battery than the Pro 7 Plus. The former comes with a 3,000 mAh unit and mCharge 3.0 fast charging support. The latter includes a 3,500 mAh battery and the faster mCharge 4.0.
Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core (Pro 7)/Deca-core (Pro 7 Plus)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P25/X30
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP2 (Pro 7)/PowerVR 7XTP-MT4 (Pro 7 Plus)
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with Flyme 6
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual SIM
- Fingerprint scanner
- Secondary screen
- Dual cameras
- 5.2” Super AMOLED with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution (424 PPI) (Pro 7)
- 5.5″ Super AMOLED with QHD (2560 x 1440) resolution (515 PPI) (Pro 7 Plus)
- RAM: 4 GB (Pro 7)/6 GB (Pro 7 Plus)
- Internal: 64 GB/128 GB
- Card slot: no
- Primary: Dual 12 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary: 16 MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS, LTE
- Battery: 3,000 mAh mCharge 3.0 (Pro 7)/3,500 mAh mCharge 4.0 (Pro 7 Plus)
- Price: $430 (Rs. 45,300), $530 (Rs. 55,800)