QMobile recently launched two entry level smartphones, the J1 and the J2.
In this post, we’ll be looking at the J2.
The phone is available for Rs. 10,999 and is a slightly better version of the J1.
Design and Display
The Noir J2 comes with a 5 inch 480p (854 x 480) IPS LCD screen. The screen size and resolution should be good enough for first time Smartphone users and should suffice for regular usage.
The phone looks bland up front however the back of the J2 looks slightly better, at least for its price.
Internals and Storage
As one would expect from an entry level smartphone, the processor is a low end one. QMobile Noir J2 comes with a quad core 1.1 GHz Mediatek MT 6737M processor. It features 2 GB RAM and 16 GB of internal storage, expandable via a dedicated microSD card slot. J2 is a dual SIM phone by default.
On the OS side of things it has Android 7.0 Nougat with Amigo OS on top.
Camera and Battery
Being the better sibling of the two Noir J series phones, the J2 has an 8 MP back camera with autofocus and an LED flash. The front camera is a 5 MP shooter with a flash as well.
Battery capacity is the same as J1 with a 2,500 mAh unit. It should last about a day with average usage due to the low resolution screen and the low power processor.
QMobile Noir J2 Specifications
- CPU: 1.1 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6737M
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 142.3 x 71.3 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 162 g
- Display: 5.0” IPS with 480p (854 x 480) resolution (~195 ppi)
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 64 GB
- Primary: 8 MP, autofocus, LED flash, 720p video
- Secondary: 5 MP, LED flash
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS
- Battery: 2,500 mAh
- Colors: Golden, Grey
- Price: Rs. 10,999