Huawei has launched yet another mid range smartphone: the Y7 prime.
The phone comes at a price of Rs. 25,000 and offers the standard specifications for a midranged device. It comes in Silver, Gold and Gray colors.
Design and Display
In terms of design, Huawei Y7 prime looks extremely generic and bland and features an all metal “sandblasted” body. It uses a 5.5 inch HD (1280 x 720) IPS LCD screen with 2.5D curved glass on top of it. The fingerprint sensor is located on the back of the phone and speakers are placed at the bottom.
Internals and Storage
As mentioned earlier the Huawei Y7 prime has standard mid-range specifications and it reflects in the hardware too. An octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 powers the phone. It comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage with a hybrid microSD card slot. Storage is expandable by up to 256 GB.
Y7 Prime is a dual SIM phone by default and features Android 7.0 Nougat with Huawei’s custom Emotion UI 5.1 skin.
Camera and Battery
For the primary camera Huawei Y7 prime uses a 12 MP f/2.2 sensor with phase detection autofocus and an LED flash. Video recording is fixed at 1080p.
Up front you get an 8 MP f/2.0 shooter.
A massive 4,000 mAh battery keeps the lights on for the Y7 prime. Unfortunately, fast charging support wasn’t announced. The phone will be able to last you through 2 days of average use.
Huawei Y7 Prime Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- GPU: Adreno 505
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; hybrid dual SIM
- Dimensions: 153.6 x 76.4 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5.5” IPS LCD with 720p (1280 x 720) resolution (267 PPI)
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 32 GB
- Card slot: yes, by up to 256 GB
- Primary: 12 MP, f/2.2, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, LTE
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Price: Rs. 25,000