Asus Unveils its Flagship Zenfone 4 Pro
1 month ago
Asus is dabbling into the flagship category with its new Zenfone 4 series, particularly the Zenfone 4 Pro.
The phone features flagship specifications and even though the design leaves something to be desired, it is a flagship phone in terms of price ($600) and the features it offers.
Design and Display
Unlike the regular metal and glass ZenFone 4, the Pro version comes with Corning Gorilla Glass on both sides. The display is also an AMOLED 1080p panel, though, it is slightly less bright. Design-wise it looks like an amalgamation of a Samsung phone and an iPhone from the front.
From the back it looks different with a touch of uniqueness with the dual cameras and the flash arranged horizontally.
Internals and Storage
Under the hood, you get Snapdragon’s greatest in the octa-core Snapdragon 835. There’s also 6 GB of RAM, along with 64 or 128 GB expandable storage. The phone is dual SIM by default.
OS here is Android 7.1 Nougat, which is standard in most new phones with Asus’ ZenUI skin.
At the back sits a dual-camera setup, just like in the other Zenfone 4 phones. However, here you get a 12 MP Sony IMX362 lens with large 1.4um pixels, OIS/EIS and fast laser-autofocus.
It uses Asus’ TriTech technology and SuperPixel Engine for good low-light and generally fast output. It’s accompanied with a Sony IMX351 16 MP f/2.6 telephoto lens with 2X loseless optical zoom and a bokeh effect.
4K video support and slow-motion capture are also included. The front camera is an 8 MP Sony IMX319 lens with f/1.9 and 88-degree wide-angle lens.
The battery capacity has also slightly increased with a 3600 mAh cell with fast-charging support.
The phone will be available in Black and White, with the regular version also adding green to the mix.
Asus Zenfone 4 Pro Specifications
- CPU: 1.9 GHz quad-core + 2.35 GHz quad-core Kryo
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with ZenUI 4.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual SIM
- 5.5-inch AMOLED with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4, 500-nits brightness
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal: 64/128 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: Dual 12 MP (f/1.7, OIS, 4-axis, phase detection AF) + 16 MP (50mm), laser/phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), 2x optical zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/1.9
- Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, LTE, NFC
- Battery: 3600 mAh, fast charging
- Price: $599