Google Launchpad is Now Accepting Applications From Pakistan
2 weeks ago
Launchpad Accelerator provides entrepreneurs with an opportunity to work with industry-leading developers solving major challenges all around the world — whether it’s streamlining digital commerce across Africa, providing access to multimedia tools that support special educational needs, or using AI to simplify business operations.
This year, the management doubling down its efforts and has opened applications for the next class. Several more countries are part of the program for the first time.
Here’s the full list of countries where applications are open for the first time:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka & Myanmar
- Central and Eastern Europe: Estonia, Romania, Ukraine, Belarus & Russia
- Latin America: Costa Rica, Panama, Peru & Uruguay
- Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Tanzania, Tunisia & Uganda
Applicants from the aforementioned countries will be joined by our larger list of countries that are already part of the program, including: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam and Czech Republic.
The application process for the equity-free program will end on October 2, 2017 at 9PM Pakistan Standard Time. Later in the year, the list of selected developers will be invited to the Google Developers Launchpad Space in San Francisco for a 2 week all-expense-paid training session.
What Are the Benefits?
Training at Google HQ includes intensive mentoring from 20+ Google teams, expert mentors from top technology companies and VCs in Silicon Valley. Participants receive equity-free support, credits for Google products, PR support and can continue to work closely with Google back in their home country during the 6-month program. Hear from some alumnus about their experiences here.
What Do We Look For When Selecting Startups?
Each startup that applies to the Launchpad Accelerator is considered holistically and with great care. Below are general guidelines behind the process to help you understand the requirements for applicants.
All startups in the program must:
- Be a technological startup.
- Be targeting their local markets.
- Have proven product-market fit (beyond ideation stage).
- Be based in the countries listed above.
Additionally, factors mentioned below are also considered:
- The problem you are trying to solve. How does it create value for users? How are you addressing a real challenge for your home city, country or region?
- Does your management team have a leadership mindset and the drive to become an influencer?
- Will you share what you learn in Silicon Valley for the benefit of other startups in your local ecosystem?