The German automobile manufacturing giant, Audi, has announced that 2018 Audi A5 Sportback variant is going to be launched in Pakistan.
The A5 started as a compact executive car back in 2007 and has been maintaining its well-built standards. It has another variant called the A5 Coupé but its price and details are yet to be announced in Pakistan.
Let’s take a close look at what makes this car astonishing.
The A5 Sportback is a compact executive car which means that it’s slightly smaller than an average luxury car. Its base model is a two-door coupé which is why it has a sleek and unusually stylish feel for a 5-door sedan.
The rear design has an aggressive, sporty look. The slim, three-dimensionally shaped taillights come with LED technology as standard. The brake light is below the luminaries paired with the unique dynamic turn signal which is also LED.
The protruding spoiler has both style and aerodynamic functionality.
The sporty front end has three-dimensionally modelled single-frame grille which is flatter and wider as compared to the previous generation. The finely contoured lights sitting right above the top edge of the grille hasn’t been seen before in the A5 series.
The lighting technology has always been impressive on Audis and the A5 Sportback is equipped with 18 LEDs in the front headlight which shine through two lenses to produce the delicate beam. It is promised to produce “daylight-like” illumination without blinding oncoming traffic.
The standard interior design of the A series offers great build quality and practical utility.
The A5 has a large speedometer with a 5-inch Driver Information System (DIS) monitor which displays all the relevant information you need for your travels like navigation data and driver information system.
It is controlled by a rotatory pushbutton sitting on the wide and ergonomic console which is basically a touchpad. It allows typing in characters and doing shortcut gestures to control the DIS with ease.
Advanced Climate Control
A continuous vent strip runs through the center console. It has convenient automatic air conditioning with very efficient manual controls, only a few clicks and turns can set it up. The air-conditioning system has been completely redesigned for the A5 and it is meant to be more efficient and provide fresh and recirculating air.
An anti-carbon combination filter removes particulate matter.
The optional Bang and Olufsen sound system is truly innovative. The 3D sound powered by 19 loudspeakers contains the “spatial dimension of height” according to the company.
Optional ambient lighting is also available which lights the interior with 30 adjustable hues.
Under the hood
- 1.4 litre TFSI engine: Inline 4-cylinder spark-ignition engine with gasoline direct injection, exhaust turbocharger and Audi valvelift system.
- Displacement(cc): 1395
- Max output (hp/rpm): 150/5000-6000
- Transmission: 7-speed S tronic
- Acceleration (0-100): 8.5 seconds
The 2017 A5 Sportback has been priced at Rs. 7,200,000 excluding optional features, insurance and registration.
The optional features and their prices are detailed below.
- Matrix Beam – PKR 3,50,000
- S line package – PKR 3,00,000
- Milano leather – PKR 3,00,000
- Seat ventilation – PKR 2,50,000 (including sport seats front)
- Comfort suspension – PKR 2,50,000
- Convenience key – PKR 2,00,000
- Seat heating – PKR 2,00,000
- Anti-theft alarm – PKR 2,00,000
- Privacy glass – PKR 1,50,000
- Headlining black – PKR 1,00,000
- Alloy 18″ 10-Parallel – PKR 1,00,000
- Sports steering – PKR 1,00,000
- Anti-glare mirror – PKR 75,000
- Leather package – PKR 75,000