We have some good news for Xiaomi fans in Pakistan. Xiaomi Mi A1 is finally coming to Pakistan. You can expect to see the phone in online stores by the end of this month.
Xiaomi’s representatives for Pakistan have confirmed that the phone will be up for sale during the latter part of October.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Android One smartphone was built with collaboration between Google and the Chinese smartphone giant. The Android One programme is one of Google’s projects which aims to provide affordable Smartphones for 3rd world countries with quick Android updates.
Design and Display
The Mi A1 comes in a unibody metal frame complete with a dual camera setup and a fingerprint sensor on the back. The phone looks relatively simple from the front however.
For the display, Mi A1 uses a 5.5 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution IPS LCD display.
Internals and Storage
Powering the Mi A1 is an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, a mid-range staple. It has 4 GB RAM and 64 GB of expandable storage. Unfortunately it has a hybrid microSD/SIM card slot meaning you can’t go for a dual SIM+ microSD card combo.
It features stock Android 7.1 Nougat with an update for Oreo scheduled for later this year.
Camera and Battery
Dual cameras are all the craze this year. The Mi A1 has dual 12 MP sensors on the back with phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom and a dual LED flash. The front camera uses a regular 5 MP sensor.
Xiaomi Mi A1 has a 3,080 mAh battery unit with fast charging support as well.
With Mi A1’s launch, Pakistani mobile users will finally get flagship class camera performance at an affordable price plus the stock Android experience, which is not offered by any other manufacturer in Pakistan.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Specifications
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, 2.0 GHz octa-core
- Dimensions: 155.4 x 75.8 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 165g
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Card Slot: yes, expandable by upto 128GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- OS: Android 7.1.2 Nougat, planned upgrade to Oreo
- Display: 5.5-inch LTPS IPS LCD, Full HD (1920 x 1080), 403ppi
- Back: Dual 12 MP (26mm, f/2.2; 50mm, f/2.6), phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Front: 5 MP
- Battery: 3,080mAh with fast charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth V4.0, GPS, Infrared sensor
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, gyro and light sensor
- Price: $220