The Provincial Development Working Party’s (PDWP) meeting chaired by Additional Chief Secretary Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Dr. Shahzad Khan Bangash, approved 27 projects of public welfare worth Rs. 21,784.765 million on Wednesday.
The forum considered a total of 28 projects pertaining to different sectors including Agriculture, Health, ST&IT, Information, Home, Housing, Road and Bridges, Urban Development, Building and DWSS sectors for the uplift of the province.
Agriculture, Health and ST&IT Projects
The forum deferred one project due to an inadequate design. Approved projects of agriculture sector were:
- Expansion of Purebred Buffalo breeding farm in DI Khan and improvement and conservation of Azikheli Buffalo breed with establishment of Dairy Technology Facilities in KP.
- Establishment of Civil Veterinary Dispensaries in KP.
The approved projects of Health sector included:
- Social Health Protection Initiative (Phase-II), KP.
- Strengthening of TB Control Programme (Phase-II).
- Reconstruction of Women and Children Liaqat Memorial Teaching Hospital Kohat.
The approved projects of ST&IT sector were:
- IT Professional Training Centres for Unemployed IT Graduates and Govt. Employees in KP, (Pilot Project).
- Promotion and Development of Science and Technology.
Information and Home Sector Projects
The approved project of Information sector was: “Establishment of three FM Radio Stations at Kohat, Swat and Abbottabad and Strengthening of Pakhtunkhwa FM Radio 92.2 at Peshawar (2nd Revised)”.
The approved projects of Home sector were:
- Establishment of the Office of Implementation Commissioner under KP Police Act, 2017 (Non-ADP).
- F/S and Strengthening of Police Infrastructure in KP.
- Establishment of Project Management Unit (PMU) for Safe City Project Peshawar.
Roads and Bridges
The approved projects of Road and Bridges were:
- Construction of Qalandarabad Bypass Road, District Abbottabad.
- Construction of internal road in UCs Dagai-Banda Nabi, Pirpiai, Badrashi, Azakhel Bala and Payan, District Nowshera (Phase-II).
- F/S, Design and Construction/Rehabilitation of Roads and street pavement:
a) Kunda Topi.
b) Gar Mergoz.
c) Zarobi Topi.
d) Zaida Kaddi.
e) Marghuz Yousafi Swabi. (21 KM).
- F/S, Design and construction of road and street pavements.
c)Bada Ceck Post via Mangal Chai-Gabasni.
h)Sharshami Lar Kotha.
i)Yara Khel Lar Kotha.
- Construction of shingle/katcha road
a) Gabaie-Panawal .
d) Bara Hamlet (2 KM).
e)Jabba Mazghud (2KM).
f)Takail (1 KM).
g)Dewalgari (1 KM).
h)Himlet (1 KM).
i)Topi (1 KM).
- Construction of RCC Bridges at Hajiabad, Munjai & Nasafa, Kano, Dir (Lower).
- Construction of:
a) Swat-Asbarn road.
b)Asbarn-Shursheen and Rabial Ghazijatt pat road.
c)Doga Gaz Dara Khadagzai road.
d)Gulabad Asbarn road.
e)Khairabad kotigram laram road.
f)Khadagzai link road.
g)Chakdara Kamala Raod (Badwan), Dir Lower.
- Construction of RCC Bridges at approach road Matako Rahim Abad, Shukarta Mayar Bridge, Dir Lower.
- Construction and BT of:
a) Peshawar road to Kodai UC Agra.
b) Koachaki to Ajon Kallay via Hassanabad Kandaro Kally UC Shodag, Charsadda.
- F/S, Design and Construction of Sum Bridge, Mansehra.
- F/S, Design and Construction of Talash Kalpanai Bypass road (10 Km), Dir Lower.