Earlier today, NAB Karachi arrested 11 accused people wanted in Reference No. 50/2016, consequent upon cancellation of their ad interim bails by Sindh High Court.
The accused persons are charged for embezzlement of Rs. 5.7 billion (5,766,479,766) purportedly paid to seven advertising agencies for awareness campaigns between 2013 and 2015. The accused – jointly and with each other’s collaboration – have allegedly awarded the contracts to favour certain advertising agencies and to their own favour, in violation of relevant laws and rules and against exorbitant rates.
Names of the arrested accused persons, who will be produced before accountability court tomorrow, can be seen below:
- Sharjeel Inam Memon - Ex-Minister Information & Archives Department
- Zulifqar Ali Shalwani – Former Secretary Information & Archives Department
- Mansoor Ahmed Rajput – Former Deputy Director Information (Advertisement) Information & Archives Department
- Sarang Latif Chandio – Former Information Officer, Information & Archives Department
- Altaf Hussain Memon – Former Section Officer (G) Information & Archives Department
- Asim Amir Khan Sikandar – Senior Executive Director M/s Evernew Concepts Pvt.Ltd.
- Masood Hashmi – CEO M/s. Orient Communication Pvt. Ltd.
- Gulzar Ali – Director of M/s Adarts Karachi Pvt. Ltd.
- Salman Mansoor – Director of M/s Adarts Karachi Pvt. Ltd.
- Umar Shahzad - Proprietor of Daily Milan
- Syed Naveed - Proprietor of M/s Media Power Link
- Muhammad Hanif – Company Secretary M/s Evernew Concepts Pvt. Ltd.