HTC U11 is among one of the best Smartphones ever made. Even though it ticked every box, its price was its only flaw which kept it from becoming a commercial success.
Following up on the U11, HTC has revealed the U11 Plus, which is an improved version of the original.
Display and Battery
With an aspect ratio of 18:9, the U11 Plus has a 6-inch QHD+ display. It is a Super LCD 5 panel using a DCI-P3 color space. HDR10 is supported along with HDR video support (needs a software update for full HDR).
The screen fits in almost the same sized body as the U11 but it’s bigger with smaller bezels, almost 10% bigger than the U11.
Along with the bigger display, the battery is one of the noticeable and major improvements from the HTC U11.
The U11 Plus is packed with a 3,930 mAh battery while the U11 had a 3,000 mAh battery. The U11 Plus supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3 but no wireless charging.
Build, Software, and Hardware
HTC U11 had IP67 certification which means dust and water resistance up to 1 meter and 30 minutes. The U11 Plus went a step ahead and is IP68-certified and ensures higher level of water-proofing.
The U11 Plus will run Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box.
Moving on to the hardware, U11 Plus packs almost the same internal specifications as the U11. It runs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and the same camera as before. 4 GB RAM with 64 GB storage or 6GB RAM with 128 GB storage will be the two options available (6 GB/128 GB model available in UK only).
U11 Plus is also equipped with the newest wireless audio features – Bluetooth 5, Sony’s LDAC, and Qualcomm’s AptX HD are present. HTC claims that the U11 Plus’ speakers are 30% louder than the speakers on U11. The fingerprint sensor is now at the back of the phone.
Price and Availability
The HTC U11 Plus is a flagship with premium features and build. We can expect a very high price – as high as 800 EUR (~98,000 PKR).
It will ship in three colors, Translucent Black, Ceramic Black, and Amazing Silver.
HTC U11 Plus Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- GPU: Adreno 540
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.9 x 8.5 mm (6.24 x 2.95 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- IP68 certified waterproofing.
- Display: 6-inch Super LCD6 with 1440p (1440 x 2880) resolution, 16M colors (~538 ppi)
- RAM: 4 GB/6 GB
- Internal: 64 GB/128 GB
- Card slot: yes, by up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Primary: 12 MP, f/1.7, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary: 8 MP, f/2.0, 1080p, HDR, panorama
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3930mAh
- Price: 800 EUR (~98,000 Rs)