The National Highway Authority (NHA) spokesperson Kashif Zaman has announced that the metro bus service construction on Peshawar Mor-New Islamabad Airport is in process and will complete by the end of November or early December.
Structures and underpasses, including the main underpass Golra Mor (G-13), have been completed and the underpasses would be open to the public in the next two weeks, he further added.
“Asphalt work on all the four packages is also in progress simultaneously,” says the NHA official.
The Rs 15 billion extension project is sectioned into four segments to ensure the project is completed on time.
- Package I from Peshawar Mor to NUST, length 8km
- Package II from NUST to GT Road, length 3.8km
- Package III from G T Road to Motorway Interchange, length 8.3km
- Package IV from Motorway Interchange to New airport, length 5.5km
Construction on Packages-IV had started up in June last year, Package-III in March 2017 and Packages I and II started out in April 2017, says the NHA spokesman.
Cost per Package
He also mentioned about the cost per Package, which is:
- 6.58 billion for Package I
- 5.5 billion for Package II
- 1.38 billion for Package III
- 1.63 billion for Package IV
The project would consist of 9 bus stations which include,
- NHA station
- G-10 station
- NUST station
- G-1 station
- G T road station
- Badana Kalan station
- Peshawar-Islamabad Motorway and Islamabad-Lahore Motorway Junction Station
- Airport Station
12 bridges, 26 culverts, and 11 underpasses would be a part of this project.