National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Karachi made a mega arrest in china-cutting case, after Sindh High Court cancelled the bail of 12 Karachi Development Authority (KDA) officials.
A NAB Spokesperson told ProPakistani that the arrested KDA officials were involved in china cutting of amenity plots in Gulistan-e-Johar Karachi. According to initial investigation, they were involved in cutting of 23 amenity plots and illegally converted them into 296 residential plots.
“Due to China Cutting of amenity plots and selling them to common people, they caused a loss to the national exchequer to the tune of Rs. 1.5 billion.” the spokesperson added.
All the arrested persons were officials of KDA working in different capacities. There are a total of 23 accused persons on trial, out of which two accused persons are already in judicial custody.
The arrested officials will be produced before the Accountability court for judicial remand. Names and designations of arrested officials are as follows:
- Sheikh Fareed (Clerk Recovery)
- Sagheer Ahmed (Clerk Recovery)
- Jahanzaib Iqbal (Clerk Recovery)
- Irfan Ahmed (Private Person / Beneficiary)
- Akhter Rasheed (Superintendent Recovery)
- Syed Rizwan Ahmed (DDO Recovery) Muhammad Hanif Khan (Superintendent Recovery)
- Khuda Bux Soomro (Superintendent Recovery)
- Sarfaraz Ahmed (Superintendent Recovery)
- Feroze Bengali (Private Person / Beneficiary)
- Irfan Khan Yousufzai (DDO Shifting) Muhammad Kamran Warsi (DDO Recovery)
- Atif Naqvi (DDO Shifting)
- Muhammad Jumman (Clerk Recovery)