Younis Khan has picked his ultimate all-time XI and it is a star-studded side consisting of undisputed legends. The 2009 T20 world cup winning captain surprisingly didn’t include himself in the team.
From a neutral point of view, the team does seem to be a perfect blend of bowling, batting, and all-around performers. Let’s see who Pakistan’s most prolific test run scorer picked;
Younis Khan’s Team
The team includes only two Pakistani players – the batting ace Hanif Muhammad and legend all-rounder Imran Khan. Younis handed the responsibility of leading his Best-XI to Pakistan’s only ODI world cup winning captain as well.
Apart from that, it has some of the most recognized performers from the golden era of West Indian and Australian cricket.
Here is the team;
- Hanif Mohammad (Pakistan),
- Sachin Tendulkar (India),
- Jacques Kallis (South Africa),
- Brian Lara (West Indies),
- Sir Viv Richards (West Indies),
- Sir Garry Sobers (West Indies),
- Adam Gilchrist (Australia) (wk),
- Imran Khan (Pakistan) (c),
- Sir Richard Hadlee (New Zealand),
- Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka) and
- Glenn McGrath (Australia).
As impossible as it may be, cricket fans can only imagine seeing these players playing together at their peak. A side with stars like these would have been near impossible to beat.
Younis himself was pretty impressed with his combination of cricketers. Here is what he said;
🗣 "It's a hell of a strong team…seriously!"
📺 Former @TheRealPCB captain Younis Khan picks his All Time XI!
— Lord's Cricket Ground (@HomeOfCricket) March 28, 2018
Surely “it’s a hell of a strong team”, if it were up to us we would surely pick Younis himself. What do you reckon? Does Younis fit in his own Best-XI?