The Government of Pakistan has announced a public holiday on May 1st to recognize the efforts of workers and laborers across the country. May 1 is observed as the Labour Day or International Workers’ Day worldwide to celebrate the achievements of labor union movement.
Most of the countries in the world observe this day as a holiday.
Pakistan also recognizes the efforts of workers so all offices will remain closed on May 1st. State Bank of Pakistan will be closed as well on Tuesday (May 1) next week.
Here is the notification that SBP sent out to other banks’ officials about the declaration of the holiday:
The Presidents / Chief Executives
All Banks / DFIs / MFBs
Dear Sir / Madam,
The State Bank of Pakistan will remain closed on 1st May, 2018 (Tuesday) on the occasion of “Labour Day” as declared by the Government of Pakistan.
(SYED IMRAN ALI)
Senior Joint Director
The Public Holiday
Here are the rest of the holidays that Pakistan observes:
- Kashmir Day: 05th February 2018. Its gone so no need to be excited about it.
- Pakistan Day: 23rd March 2018. Also gone
- Labor Day: 1st May 2018.
- Eid-ul-Fitr: 16th, 17th and 18th June (depending upon the appearance of the moon.)
- Independence Day: 14th August 2018.
- Eid-ul-Azha: 22nd, 23rd and 24th August 2018 (depending upon appearance of the moon.)
- Aashura: 21st and 22nd September 2018 (depending upon the appearance of the moon.)
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: 21st November (depending upon the appearance of the moon.)
- Christmas/Quaid-e-Azam Day: 25th December 2018.
- Day After Christmas: 26th December 2018 (for Christians only.)