Since its inception in 2011 as the first public cloud provider in Pakistan, RapidCompute has always strived to provide the best in class service, and to offer its customers the same features, performance and ecosystem that they have come to expect from established international cloud vendors.
Through its continuous engagement with valuable clients and feedback from customers, RapidCompute knew exactly what the IT manager wanted and rolled out a significant version 2.0 update to its portal last year which contained many features that are extremely useful for the CIO and IT Manager to run the enterprise IT workspace. Some features of the previous rollout were:
- Network monitoring and stability built into the portal
- Real time point in time and hourly/monthly billing statistics allowing accurate budgeting of costs
- RAM and CPU utilization reports and graphs allowing precise optimization of apps and infrastructure
- Threshold enablement to allow RAM, CPU or cost based restrictions and alerts on VMs.
- HTML 5 redesign for optimized viewing on any screen
- Per VM network utilization and monitoring to make detection of DDoS attacks and bandwidth choking much easier for faster resolution.
- Detailed resource reporting mechanism
- And many more
With the increasing needs of the enterprise IT environment and the need for further integration and automation, this year’s version 3.0 upgrade offers many new technical features that would be extremely useful for IT managers to enable faster provisioning, tighter integrations and further optimize costs.
Some key features of the 3.0 upgrade are:
- OpenAPI infrastructure allowing native integration with applications and databases.
- Real time scheduler allows IT Manager to set individual VM working hours to drastically reduce costs.
- VM Snapshots feature for easy recovery and backups
- VM Cloud support
- RapidCompute AppStore includes catalogue of OneClick apps containing all popular applications, databases and developer tools for fast provisioning at the click of a button. Popular apps include machine learning, GITHUB, MySQL, Node.JS, WordPress and many more.
- Team Management feature allows IT Managers to grant multiple team members rights to the portal with full access and authority control.
- SAPA HANA infrastructure certified cloud hosting
Developers, startups and software companies can now integrate directly with RapidCompute to offer their services on the cloud with automated provisioning and billing possibilities.
RapidCompute’s datacenters are located in multiple cities of Pakistan and are all certified to the highest standards such as ISO27001:2013 , PCIDSS3.2, CSA Star and other popular standards.