The QS Asia University Rankings are out with a relief for Pakistan as its 23 universities have made it to the list, seven more than the last year.
These universities have been ranked the best among 500 Asian universities. Notably, there has been an addition in the total number of universities ranked, which was 400 last year.
Quacquarelli Symonds, the world’s leading ranking authority, has ranked the National University of Science and Technology (NUST) and Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) in the top 100.
The NUST has been ranked at 87 while LUMS stands at 95. Other rankings are as follow,
Improvement in Ranking:
Several universities have shown improvement in the recent year’s rankings.
- NUST jumped 4 places to rank at 87 from 91.
- LUMS improved by 8 spots and stood at 95 from 103.
- Quaid-i-Azam University moved up 24 places to rank 109th from 133rd.
- COMSATS moved up by 55 points and ranked 135th.
- University of Lahore won 29 more points and reached 171.
- The University of Punjab moved up 39 points to stand 193rd.
- Agha Khan University’s rank surged by 39 points, making it 195th.
- University of Pakistan ranked up to 281-290 from 291-300
The newcomers from Pakistan include:
- Bahria University Islamabad
- International Islamic University Islamabad (IIU)
- University of Sargodha
- University of Sindh
- Lahore College for Women University (LCWU)
- University of Central Punjab
- University of Management and Technology Lahore (UMT)
Universities with Lost Ranks
While the majority contributed a good picture, some universities had to lose too. Universities who slipped down some places include:
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) slipped from 128 to 146
- University of Karachi fell 2 bands from 193 to 152-260
- Institute of Space Technology moved from 271-280 to 351-400
- NED University of Engineering fell from 301-350 to 351-400
- The University of Lahore lost 2 bands ranking at 401-450 from 301-350
- University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (UVAS) came to 401-450 from 301-350
- Mehran University of Engineering ranked at 401-450 losing one band.
Via: Express Tribune