The Metropolitan Corporation Islamabad (MCI) is planning to install closed circuit (CCTV) cameras in major parks of the city to enhance their security.
The move has come days after a girl was allegedly gang-raped in the federal capital.
According to the national newswire agency APP, the corporation has already enhanced the movement of its staff in forests and dense vegetation sites.
The measures are being taken to further to improve the security of public parks as many women and children visit the parks after sunset.
The measures taken so far in this regard are as follows:
- Lights in major parks are being repaired regularly.
- Uniformed security staff have been deployed for security and vigilance.
- Teams have been directly connected to law enforcement agencies (LEAs) to timely manage any untoward situation.
- The local police have been directed to increase vigilance and to patrol near these parks.
- Proper checking at the gates has been started.