Pakistan Super League (PSL) is going to kick off from 14th of February and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has made every franchise sign a code of conduct.
According to the details of the agreement signed:
- Players are strictly prohibited from attending parties.
- Players will be questioned if they approach and/or agree on meet-ups with strangers.
- Interviews will not be conducted if the franchise’s media manager is not present.
- No team owner is allowed to visit the players’ rooms.
- No mobile phone policy in the dressing room has also been enforced.
PCB has taken strict actions to ensure that the focus of all the players and the franchises’ management is on cricket, as PSL has become a global brand.
It is worth mentioning that PCB held several meetings where every franchise was individually briefed on anti-corruption methods.
Additionally, every team also has an integrity officer with them throughout the tournament to ensure that players are safeguarded from any suspicious individual and/or activity.
Only Lahore Qalandars are assigned two integrity officers since the team is staying at a separate hotel than the other franchises.