Meizu has launched a beefier version of Meizu 16s called the Meizu 16s Pro. The Pro version comes with some notable upgrades under the hood and for the camera. Apart from this, the flagship shares most of its specifications with the original Meizu 16s.
Design and Display
The smartphone, like Meizu 16s, comes with a symmetrical and clean looking design featuring a matte finish on the back with triple sensor cameras vertically aligned at the top left. It will come in White, Black, and Green colors.
On the front, the Pro variant features the same 6.2-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ (1080p) resolution, 430 ppi pixel density, and extremely thin bezels.
As compared to Meizu 16s, the display panel features an improved 160 Hz touch sampling rate and a better in-display fingerprint sensor which can unlock the phone in less than 0.2 seconds. The selfie camera sits in the top bezel.
Internal and Storage
The smartphone comes with the new Snapdragon 855+ SoC accompanied by 6 or 8 GB RAM and up to 256 GB of UFS 3.0 storage.
Software-wise, Meizu 16s Pro runs on Flyme 8 OS on top of Android 9 Pie. Flyme 8 is more polished and has more rounded icons compared to the previous version.
At the back, Meizu 16s Pro features a triple sensor rear camera with a 48MP Sony IMX 586 sensor, followed by a 20MP telephoto shooter and a 16 MP ultrawide lens. The ultra-wide lens is surrounded by a ring-shaped flash.
The smartphone is capable of recording 4K videos at 60fps and also features smart night scene optimizations, portrait mode, HDR and scene recognition capabilities.
For selfies, Meizu 16s Pro has a 20 MP camera just like Meizu 16s.
Battery and Pricing
Meizu 16s Pro features a modest 3600 mAh battery backed by 24W fast charging. The smartphone is currently available for pre-orders at the following prices for different variants:
- 6GB RAM and 128GB storage ~ $376
- 8GB RAM and 128GB storage ~ $418
- 8GB RAM and 256GB storage ~ $460
Meizu 16s Specifications
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); Flyme 8
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE;
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 6.2 inches, 1080 x 2232 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio,
- RAM: 6 GB, 8 GB
- Internal: 128 GB, 256 GB
- Card slot: No
- Primary: 48 MP + 20 MP + 16 MP
- Secondary: 20 MP
- Connectivity: LTE, GPS, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, headphone jack
- Fingerprint scanner: Yes (Under-display)
- Battery: 3600 mAh
- 6GB/128GB ~ $376
- 8GB/128GB ~ $418
- 8GB/256GB ~ $460