The Higher Education Commission (HEC) announced the availability of a new scholarship programme for Ph.D. students for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 on Sunday.
According to an official statement issued on Twitter, the scholarships for American universities have been announced under the HEC’s ‘US-Pakistan Knowledge Corridor’.
— HEC Pakistan (@hecpkofficial) December 13, 2020
Here is the eligibility criteria for the scholarship:
- Candidates need to be either Pakistani or AJK nationals.
- A minimum of sixteen years of formal education, i.e. a four-year Bachelor’s degree (BS, BSc, BE) is required.
- Third Divisions throughout the entire academic history and a maximum of one Second Division are invalid.
- Applicants that are not over 40 years of age and are regular faculty members of either a public sector university or government college and researchers from approved/registered R&D organizations (must be born after 10 January 1981) are eligible.
- All other applicants must be below 35 years of age (born after 10 January 1986).
- Applicants’ minimum GRE score must be 60 percent.
- If the GRE test has been waived by the host universities, applicants must take the HAT Test instead and obtain at least 60 percent in it.
- HEC AEF Formula 30 percent.
- Applicants cannot simultaneously avail of another scholarship.
Last Date to Apply:
10 January 2021