Now that Nvidia’s RTX 3000 series for laptops is official, OEMs are starting to unveil laptops that make the most of it. Razer is one of the first companies to do so with refreshed Blade 15 and 17 models, both of which feature Nvidia’s latest GPUs.
The new Razer Blade 15 and 17 bring Nvidia’s RTX 3060, 3070, and 3080 GPUs to the table with higher refresh rate displays and bigger batteries. The Razer Blade 15 gets two models, a basic version, and an advanced version, whereas the new Blade 17 is a standalone laptop.
The Razer Blade 15 and 17, as the names indicate, have 15-inch and 17-inch displays with screen resolution ranging between 1080p and 4K. Another noteworthy change is the addition of a 1440p or QHD resolution with high refresh rates, as this was previously missing on Razer laptops.
Screen refresh rate starts from 60Hz and goes all the way to 360Hz for higher-end variants and response times are as low as 3ms and 2ms. There are also touchscreen variants for each of the models with Corning Gorilla Glass for protection.
You get Intel’s 10th generation Core i7 processors in each of the laptops, but RAM and storage options vary between 16GB/32GB DDR4 and 512GB/1TB NVMe SSDs on different variants. The base model of the Razer Blade 15 only gets the Nvidia RTX 3060 GPU, whereas the advanced model and the Razer Blade 17 also get RTX 3070 and 3080 options.
As for I/O, all laptops have three USB A ports, 2 USB C ports with one supporting Thunderbolt 3, one HDMI 2.1 port, a Gigabit Ethernet port, an SD card reader, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The base model of the Razer Blade 15 gets a 65WHr battery, the advanced model gets an 80WHr cell, and the Blade 17 features a 70.5WHr battery.
The Razer Blade 15 base model and advanced model will cost $1699 and $2499 respectively. The Razer Blade 17, despite being a higher-end laptop, will start at $2299. All laptops will be available for sale starting January 26.
Here are the detailed specifications for each.
Razer Blade 15 Specs (Base Model)
- 15-inch FHD(1080p) 144Hz IPS panel, 100% sRGB coverage, response: 8ms
- 15-inch QHD(1440p) 165Hz IPS panel, 100% DCI-P3 coverage, response: 3ms
- Note: No Variable Refresh rate.
- CPU, Storage, Memory:
- CPU: 10th gen Intel® Core™ i7-10750H(6-core, 12-threads), up to 5.0GHz Max Boost, 12MB L3 Cache
- Memory: 16GB dual-channel DDR4-2933MHz (upgradeable up to 64GB via SO-DIMM slots)
- Storage: 512GB SSD M.2, NVMe SSD; Auxiliary: Open M.2,PCIe 3.0 x4 Slot
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6GB DDR6 VRAM(FHD model) / 3070 8GB DDR6 VRAM(QHD model)
- Connectivity: Intel® Wireless-AX201 Modem, Bluetooth® 5.1, 1xUSB-C Thunderbolt™ 3, 3xUSB-A 3.1 Gen 1, USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, HDMI 2.1 output, Gigabit Ethernet.
- Battery: 65WHr Li-ion Polymer battery
- Other Features: Single-zone RGB powered by Razer Chroma™ Keyboard, 1MP 720P webcam, stereo speakers, 3.5mm audio/mic jack.
- 15-inch FHD 360Hz IPS display, 2ms, Up to 100% sRGB
- 15-inch QHD 240Hz display, response: 2.5ms, Up to 95% sRGB, NVIDIA G-SYNC and Advanced Optimus compatible
- 15-inch OLED UHD (4K) display, 60Hz, response: 1ms, 100% DCI-P3,
Touchscreen w/ Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 protection
- CPU, Memory, Storage:
- CPU: 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-10875H (8-core, 16-threads), up to 5.1GHz Max Boost, 16MP L3 Cache
- 16GB dual-channel DDR4-2933MHz (Cheaper Models)
- 32GB dual-channel DDR4-2933MHz (Higher-end Models)
- Storage: 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD; Auxiliary: Open M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 Slot
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU with 8GB GDDR6 VRAM (FHD, QHD models)
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU with 8GB GDDR6 VRAM (FHD, QHD models)
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU with 16GB GDDR6 VRAM (UHD model)
- All Features Optimus™ Technology(optimization in Performance, Battery Life)
- Connectivity: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 modem, Bluetooth® 5.2, 1xUSB-C Thunderbolt™ 3, 1xUHS-III SD Card reader, 3xUSB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 1xUSB-C 3.2 Gen 2, 1xHDMI 2.1.
- Battery: 80WHr Li-ion Polymer
- Other Features: Per-key RGB powered by Razer Chroma™ N-Key rollover backlit keyboard, 1MP 720P webcam with Windows Hello, stereo speakers, 3.5mm audio jack.
Razer Blade 17 Specs
- 17.3-inch 360Hz IPS FHD display, response: 3ms, 100% sRGB, 300 nits
- 17.3-inch 165Hz QHD IPS display, 100% sRGB, 300 nits
- 17.3-inch 120Hz UHD(4K) IPS touch display, 100% sRGB, 400 nits
- CPU, Storage, Memory:
- CPU: 10th gen Intel i7-10875H processor, Turbo Boost up to 5.1GHz, 16MB
- 16GB 2933MHz Dual-Channel DDR4 (Upgradeable to 64GB)- Lower-end models
- 32GB 2933MHz Dual-Channel DDR4 (Upgradeable to 64GB models)- Higher-end models
- 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD (upgradeable to 2TB)
- 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD (upgradeable to 2TB)
- Additional M.2 slot on all modes – Supports PCIe, SATA SSDs up to 2TB
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6/8GB DDR6 VRAM (FHD, QHD models)
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 6/8GB DDR6 VRAM (FHD, QHD models)
- NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 16GB DDR6 VRAM (FHD, UHD models)
- Connectivity:Wi-Fi 6E Intel® AX210 modem, Bluetooth 5.2, 3xUSB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 2x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 w/ Thunderbolt 3, 1xThunderbolt 3, 1xRj45(first time a 2.5Gb port), 1xHDMI 2.1, 1xUHS-III SD Card reader.
- Battery: 70.5WHr Li-ion Polymer
- Other Features: Per-key RGB powered by Razer Chroma™ lighting, HD 720P webcam with Windows Hello, stereo speakers, 3.5mm audio/mic jack.