Advertisement

Here’s a Breakdown of Vaccinated and Unvaccinated COVID-19 Patients in Hospitals

More than 85% of the COVID-19 patients admitted to the hospitals across the country are unvaccinated while a significant decrease in the severity of infection and hospitalization rates has been witnessed among partially vaccinated people.

Advertisement

125.85 million Pakistani citizens are eligible for Coronavirus vaccination. Of these, more than 60 million have been administered at least one dose of a vaccine since February this year when the ongoing vaccination campaign was kicked off.

Only 14.7% of the total eligible population has been fully vaccinated against the Coronavirus as all provinces are taking different measures to speed up the vaccination drive. These include the launch of door-to-door vaccination campaigns and different restrictions on unvaccinated citizens from availing essential services.

Here is a detailed breakdown of the hospitalization rates from all provinces and Islamabad.

Punjab

Around 88% of Coronavirus patients admitted to hospitals all over the province are unvaccinated while 7% are partially vaccinated and 5% are fully vaccinated.

Of the total ICU patients, 95% are unvaccinated while only 5% are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Advertisement

32.7 million out of Punjab’s eligible population of 66.8 million has been administered at least one dose of a vaccine so far.

KP

Around 87% of Coronavirus patients hospitalized in the province are unvaccinated while 9% are partially vaccinated and 4% are fully vaccinated.

More than 77% of the total confirmed COVID-19 cases in KP are unvaccinated while 12% are fully vaccinated and 11% are partially vaccinated.

Out of KP’s eligible population of 19.2 million, 11.9% have been completely vaccinated against COVID-19 while 33.2% have been partially vaccinated.

Balochistan

Around 98% of Coronavirus patients admitted to the hospitals in the province are unvaccinated while the remaining 2% are either partially or fully vaccinated.

Of the 6.5 million vaccine eligible population of the province, just 4% have been fully vaccinated while 12% have been partially vaccinated against COVID-19.

Advertisement

Sindh

Around 90% of Coronavirus patients hospitalized in the province are unvaccinated while the remaining 10% are either partially or fully vaccinated.

Out of Sindh’s eligible population of 27.5 million, 2.9 million have been fully vaccinated while 9.4 million have been partially vaccinated.

Islamabad

Around 95% of Coronavirus patients admitted to the hospitals in the capital are unvaccinated while the remaining 5% are either partially or fully vaccinated.

1.5 million people in the capital, which is also its eligible population, have been administered at least a single dose of the Coronavirus vaccine.

Note that this doesn’t mean that 100% of Islamabad’s eligible population has been partially vaccinated because people from the neighboring Rawalpindi and other cities have received the vaccine in the capital.

Via: Arab News

Advertisement

Advertisement

See ProPakistani in...
ProPakistani App
close
>