A recent meeting of the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) with the Federal Minister for Finance Shaukat Tarin approved the Sohni Dharti Remittance Program (SDRP) for overseas Pakistanis.
SDRP is a rebranded National Remittance Loyalty Program (NRLP). Under the SDRP, the overseas Pakistanis will be given reward points for remittances sent home through legal channels.
They will be entitled to a wide range of services on redemption of the points received under the SDRP.
Here is a list of government organizations and their services which overseas Pakistan can avail of by redeeming reward points earned through SDRP.
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA)
- Payment for international air tickets
- Payment for extra luggage on international flights
Federal Board of Revenue (FBR)
- Payment for mobile phone duty
- Payment for personal baggage tax on the purchase of locally manufactured vehicles
- Payment for duty on imported vehicles
National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA)
- Payment for renewal of Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- Payment for renewal of National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP)
Directorate General Immigration and Passports (DGIP)
- Payment for renewal of passports
State Life Insurance Corporation (SLIC)
- Payment for life insurance premium
Overseas Pakistan Foundation (OPF)
- Payment for OPF’s school fee
Utility Stores Corporation (USC)
- Payment for purchases made in any utility store
Bureau of Emigration and Overseas Employment (BEOE)
- Payment for registration with BEOE
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)
- SDRP remitters to enjoy priority clearance at dedicated FIA counters set up at international airports in the country
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- SDRP remitters to be appreciated on arrival through standees and banners which will be placed by the CAA
The ECC meeting also decided that cash redemption will only be offered to overseas Pakistani remitters who return to the country permanently.