The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has set up an online system to provide attestation and verification services for educational documents. Recently, HEC has made this degree attestation and verification process easy for individuals who want to move abroad. So, if you are thinking about moving abroad for higher education or immigration then you need to schedule an appointment with HEC for degree attestation. This article is all about how to apply for an appointment at HEC. Read on!
Also Read: How To Get Equivalence Certificate From HEC
Applying for an Appointment at HEC
HEC launched this robust and secure online system for degree attestation which allows people to schedule an appointment with HEC from the comfort of their homes. How to apply for an appointment at HEC? Read the following instructions to learn about the complete procedure.
Create an Account
The first thing you need to do is access the HEC E-Portal and create an account on it. How can it be done? Simply follow the following instructions.
- After accessing HEC E-Portal, you will see the “register” option. Click on it.
- Choose your nationality, CNIC type and your region.
- Enter your CNIC number, mobile number and email address.
- You will receive a code from HEC via email or SMS. Verify your number or email by submitting the code in the relevant field.
- Once you’ve verified your number, click on submit to create an account.
Completing your Profile Information
After creating an account, you need to complete your profile information to move to the next step. How to do it? Follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your account by entering account credentials.
- Scroll to the “My profile” section.
- Enter your personal details such as your full name, religion, date of birth, etc.
- In the next section, enter your permanent address, mailing and current address.
- Once all the contact details are entered, toggle over to the education tab.
- In the education tab, enter all your education details like year of passing, degree title, institute etc. You can add these details by clicking on “Click to add” button.
Note: If the information regarding the degree program/title which the applicants hold is not populated in the given fields, immediately contact the focal person of your university for entering the same in the PQR (Pakistan Qualification Register). This online system is linked with Pakistan Qualification Register (PQR).
- After entering all the educational details, upload your documents. The maximum file size which may be uploaded is 500KB.
- Once the files are uploaded, you can move towards the next step which is “degree attestation”.
Applying for Degree Attestation
- Toggle back to the “dashboard” and scroll down to the “Accreditation and Attestation” section.
- After that, click on “Degree Attestation” from the drop-down menu.
- In the sub-menu, you will see the “application form” option. Click on it.
- On the next screen, you will be given three categories which are “attest a degree”, “duplicate attestation” and “update an attested degree”.
Note: If you’re updating an attested degree then you just need to enter stamp number of your degree in the given field.
- After that, select the documents you want to attest. Enter “Number of pages for original Documents” Or “Number of Pages of Photocopy Documents” for at least one document type. The total amount will be calculated based on the no of pages and amount per page which you want to be attested.
- Once all the documents are uploaded and selected, you have to select the centre from where you want the degree to be attested.
- In the end, click the undertaking checkbox and submit the application.
Scheduling an Appointment
After successful completion of the application, a pop-up message will appear on your screen with your application ID. HEC will scrutinize your documents and if found complete according to the attestation SOPs, the application will be approved in the system.
HEC will send the applicant a message via email or SMS for scheduling his/her visit accordingly. After receiving the message, the applicant has 100 days to schedule an appointment with HEC. The question is how to select the date of your visit. For that just read the following instructions:
- Log in to your HEC E-Portal account.
- After logging in, click on “my tasks” tab. In this tab, you can check all the available dates for your appointment.
- Now select the date of your choosing.
- Download and print the application form and bank challan form.
- Finally, visit the HEC office on the selected date along with your documents and application form.
Note: If you aren’t able to visit the office at the selected date then you can reschedule the appointment as well through the aforementioned procedure.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, HEC has suspended walk-in mode of degree attestation. However, you can attest your degrees from HEC via courier. For sending your documents via courier, you can check this HEC link.
For your convenience, we also have attached a link containing all the requirements for degree attestation. Click here.
Well, there you have it! This is how you can apply for an appointment at HEC. If you have any question regarding the topic, feel free to ask it in the comments section.