For the past few months, many people have turned to zoom to conduct online classes and attend online meetings due to coronavirus pandemic that caused us to work remotely. However, even if you have been using zoom for quite some time, there is a chance that you might not know about zoom background feature.
The virtual background feature allows you to cover up your actual background with a custom background. This gives users the ability to hide the big clutter in the home office and also make meetings a lot more fun. So, if you’re interested in using this custom background feature, then here’s how to change your zoom background.
How to Change Zoom Background | Desktop
To begin with, here’s how you can add a custom background on zoom desktop app that can give your meetings some visual flair.
- Open Zoom desktop app.
- Sign in to your account by typing your login credentials.
- Once you’ve logged in, click the profile picture then click on settings.
- Now toggle over to the virtual background tab. If the virtual background tab is not showing up, then you can head over to Zoom’s official website. Log in to the zoom account then go to the virtual background tab.
- In the virtual background tab, select zoom default backgrounds or upload a custom image from your computer by clicking on the plus sign and then “add image”.
Note: If you have a green screen set up, then you can turn on that option as well. However, if you don’t have a green screen then just uncheck it.
- Once uploaded, the custom background will be added automatically before you join any video call.
In order to achieve the best results, zoom recommends users to:
- Upload a high-quality image
- Find a room with uniform light and colour
- Not to wear clothes that match the virtual background.
You can change the background during the video call as well. Here’s how to do it.
- During the call, click the up arrow next to “start/stop” video.
- Select, change virtual background option.
- In the virtual background section, choose zoom default images or upload your own from computer.
- Just click the plus sign and then click “add image” or video to upload the background of your choice.
On Zoom Mobile App
Following are the instructions to change the zoom background through the mobile app.
- Run the Zoom app in your smart device and then log in to your account.
- After signing in, join a meeting and tap on the three dots at the bottom right corner.
- Open the “more menu” option and tap on the virtual background.
- Finally, select the background of your choice to swap real background with the virtual one.
Well, there you have it! This article was all about how to change your zoom background. If you have any queries related to the topic, feel free to comment in the section given below.