Edhi Foundation is the largest social welfare organization of Pakistan. It is providing different social services in the country since its inception. Unlike other charities, Abdul Sattar Edhi started this non-profit organization when he was penniless. He raised all the funds through donations and charity events.
Related: Edhi Adoption Program
From free ambulance service to destitute homes, there are different welfare services and projects started by the Edhi Foundation. So, if you want the foundation to keep providing these social services, then you should support them by donating as much as you can. Here’s how to donate to Edhi Foundation.
A Bit about Edhi Foundation
Abdul Sattar Edhi started this organization when he was just 20 years old. His idea of cradle-to-grave care was like no other in the world. In Edhi centres, millions of babies have been delivered for free and every day, corpses of poor men, women and children are washed and buried by organization workers.
Edhi provided the largest free ambulance service to the people of this country. With the organization’s nation-wide network, it now covers the remotest areas of the country and has an unparalleled record of quick response for the victims of any disaster in the country.
Through people’s donations and volunteers’ help, Edhi Foundation is able to run outpatient hospitals, a child adoption centre, and rescue service across the country.
How to Donate to Edhi Foundation | Procedure
If you’re interested in donating to this great organization, then you need to follow the given steps.
- Access the Edhi Foundation
- After accessing it, click on “donate now”.
- You will see three options on the next screen: UBL, Easypaisa and Donation through feeling blessed.
UBL Account Holders
If you have a UBL account, then you need to do the following.
- Click on “UBL” and enter your personal information like name, email, and contact number.
- After that, enter the amount you want to donate.
- Click on “pay” and your account will be created.
- An email with your password will be sent to you. Use email and password to log in to account you’ve created.
- Finally, enter your bank account details and complete the transaction.
Easypaisa account holders need to do the following.
- Click on “Easypaisa“.
- Enter the amount you want to donate and click “donate”.
- After that, click on view cart then click on “proceed to checkout”.
- Enter your billing information and click on “place order”.
- The amount will be deducted from your account.
Other Bank Account Holders
If you don’t have a UBL or Easypaisa account, then you need to click on the “donation through feeling blessed” option and follow the steps given below.
- Enter your full name and email address.
- Select the purpose of your donation and enter the amount you like to donate.
- After that, enter your credit/debit card number (Visa or Master), name and expiry date.
- Once all the information has been added, click on “donate” to complete the procedure.
Note: People living abroad can use this procedure to send their donation to the Edhi Foundation.
You can also donate anything you want to the Edhi Foundation by visiting the nearest Edhi Centres in your area. For more details, you can visit their head office in Karachi or you can contact them via their telephone number +92 (21) 32413232.
There you have it! This article was all about how to donate to the Edhi Foundation. If you found this article helpful, then let us know in the comments.