ITP | Get Your License With Islamabad Traffic Police
- Getting a driver’s license from Islamabad Traffic Police
- Learner’s Permit
- Driver’s License test
- Fee structure and required documents
- Basic timeline for issuance of learner’s permit and driver’s license
Related: Get A Job At ITP Offices!
Apply For Driving License | ITP | Get Your License With Islamabad Traffic Police
Do you qualify to apply for a driving license with Islamabad Traffic Police? This article explains everything you ought to know regarding ITP rules and general format.
In the initial stage, you need to apply for a learner’s permit. All new drivers must complete the obligatory training period of 6 weeks before being eligible for a driving license.
Things To Consider | ITP License
Like any other driver’s license issuing authority in Pakistan, ITP offices are very crowded. You need to be careful and arrive as early as possible to avoid uneasy situations. Here’s a fun fact for you: Almost every day, the ITP office is frequented by 500-600 applicants every day. So, on average, the office issues around 150 licenses on a daily basis.
Where To Go? | Do You Know Where The Office Is?
For general inquiry and licensing, you will visit:
- Address: 9th Ave, F 8/1 F-8, Islamabad, 44220, Pakistan
- Working Hours: Monday to Thursday: 8AM–1:15PM, 2–5PM
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Documents And Other Important Things
- Original NIC (Your permanent or temporary address should be of Islamabad)
- Photocopy of your NIC
- Medical Fitness Certificate or Form B (which you can download from the ITP website). Make sure that a registered medical practitioner fills this form. You will also need to place a passport size photograph on this form.
Driving License Fee Structure | ITP | Get Your License With Islamabad Traffic Police
Given below is all the expenditure you might have to carry out. This fee structure is in accordance with Islamabad Traffic Police’s regulatory measures, so carefully determine in which category you might fall:
Getting A Learner’s Permit
Visit the ITP office in person on the address mentioned earlier in this article. Keep your medical certificate with you. Here’s what you’re going to do!
- Show your National Identity Card at the reception counter opposite to the parking lot. Then get a token and await your turn.
- When your token number arrives, visit your counter and verify your details carefully.
- After providing all info, you receive a learner’s permit. Later on, you will also receive an hour-long road safety awareness
- After the class is concluded, the instructor will stamp and sign the back of your learner’s permit. The permit lasts for 42 days, after which you will be required to visit the ITP office for a driving test. It is recommended that you bring your own car to the premises.
Getting A Permanent Driving License | Islamabad Traffic Police
After 42 days, you’ll visit the licensing office again. There, pass the test drive with road-side hurdles on the way.
After clearing the driving test, visit a testing room for an online Theory Test Via Touch Screen. This is what you need to know beforehand:
- Applicants can give the theoretical test for road signs through touch screen as well. The time duration for the test is 4 minutes.
- Applicants have to answer 10 questions, each question meriting 10 points.
- If you manage to get 70 points (or 7/10 questions), you successfully pass the theoretical test.
- Applicants can also pass the test manually at the ITP office.
Note: In order to qualify for the ITP driver’s license, you need to pass the driving test, as well as the on-screen theory test.
After passing both tests, you’ll get a slip and an indication of the date for receiving your driver’s license. Since January 2019, the Islamabad Traffic Police has introduced a new process, hereby issuing driving licenses within a day.
If you feel like getting a license, read this article carefully and keep important points in your mind. Remember all required documents before visiting ITP office and GOOD LUCK!