In this modern time, refunding and cancelling an airline ticket can be done in just a few minutes. Nowadays, most of the airlines and travel companies have the online system that allows the customers to reserve and cancel their booking from the comfort of their homes. So, without further ado, let’s get straight to the point, which is how to refund a ticket with airline companies in Pakistan.
How to Refund a Ticket with Airline Companies in Pakistan
Right now, three airlines are operating in Pakistan which are:
- Pakistan International Airlines (PIA)
- Air Blue
- Serene Air
Each airline has its ticket refund policy and procedure. So, for your convenience, we will explain the ticket refund procedure against all of the above-mentioned airlines.
Also Check: How to refund railway ticket
How to Refund PIA Ticket
- Access PIA official website to refund the amount of your ticket.
- After accessing the website, click on “My booking”.
- Enter your PNR (Passenger Name Record) and Surname in the given fields.
- Click on “My booking” option to view the booking details.
- After that, click on “Cancel booking”.
- On the cancellation screen, you will see the refund reservation details.
- Write cancellation reason and click on “complete refund” to complete the process.
- The refund will be made via the same payment method that was used at the time of reservation.
Note: This process is for Web-Ticket only. You can also send an email to PIA Web Refund unit at [email protected] with image of web ticket receipt and last four digits of credit/debit card to process a refund. It normally takes 10-15 working days for the refund process to be completed. Call PIA helpline at (021) 111 786 786 for more details.
PIA Refund Policy
In order to refund any ticket, PIA has set some terms and conditions which should be met. Following are the PIA refund policy points
- Flight cancellation.
- Denied boarding.
- Misconnection due to late arrival of PIA flight.
- PIA’s inability to provide previously confirmed space.
- The early departure of flight by more than 45 min.
- Flight delay of more than 1-1/2 hours (domestic travel).
Note: No booking charges will be imposed in the case of above-mentioned policy points.
- No refund is allowed if flight coupons are used out of sequence.
- The booking charges in case of no-show will be applied after the flight departure.
- In case a passenger no-shows and asks for a refund against the booking, then a higher penalty/charge will be applied.
For your convenience, we have attached the link that entail booking charges and penalties for both domestic and international travellers in case of ticket refund.
How to Refund Air Blue Ticket
- Go to the Air Blue official website.
- Write the booking number and click on “find booking”.
- Once you enter the booking details, you will see the refund ticket option. Click on it.
- Now click on calculate the refund. The refunded amount will be displayed on your screen.
- After that, enter the password of the Air Blue account.
- Finally, click on “process refund” to complete the process.
Note: Amount will be refunded via the same payment method used at the time of booking. You can also send an email ([email protected]) to Air Blue for more details.
Air Blue Refund Policy
- If you cancel the booking within 48 hours, you will be charged Rs. 5,000 as cancellation charges.
- If you change or cancel before 48 hours of the flight departure, you will be charged Rs. 1500 and Rs. 3,000 respectively.
- For Refund, the passenger has to provide the CNIC to Air Blue physically or via email.
Note: The refund fee is given on the e-ticket as well.
How to Refund Serene Air Ticket
- Open Serene Air official website.
- On the homepage of the website, you will see the ‘manage’ option. Click on it.
- After that, type your last name and ‘confirmation number’ of your booking and click on search.
- Once you are in the booking details, look for the refund option.
- Check all the refund terms and conditions and click on the ‘refund’ option to complete the process.
Note: For queries, you can contact serene air helpline at 111-737-363.
We have attached an image that entails Serene Air’s refund policy. Check the image given below.
If you have booked a flight via a travel agent or a travel website such as sastaticket.pk, then you need to contact them for a ticket refund.
This is all about How to Refund a Ticket with Airline Companies in Pakistan. Stay tuned for more guides.