If you are the owner of a Jazz 4G device and cannot seem to unlock it, go through this article carefully and follow the steps to unlock your Jazz 4G device.
To Unlock a Jazz 4G Device
- Turn on your Jazz 4G device and connect it to a data cable.
- Double click the device icon on your computer or PC to install drivers essential to unlock the 4G device.
- Make sure that your antivirus software is turned off as it may disrupt your installation process.
- You might be required to first download certain software in order to install the drivers.
- Go to the links provided and download Flash File and drivers. This is an essential pre-requisite step.
- Extract all the files in the drivers and run them as administrators.
- After you have run all three files, keep your device on and do not unplug it as your device is copying the data.
- The software will ask you to enter a password. Type in asterisk six times e.g., ******
- You will then be asked to Enter Number. Put in the IMEI number given on the back of your Jazz 4G device.
- Enter your Port number as well. To enter your port number, search in the bar for ‘Computer Device Manager’ and go to the Port tab. You will find your device number there.
- After you have entered your port number, press any key to continue.
- Unplug your device and take out the battery.
- Insert the battery in the device again.
- Simultaneously long-press the WPS button and the power button for 5 seconds at least.
- You will see a blue light glowing on your device. Plug it into the computer.
- The device will automatically start writing the files.
- Once the file writing process is over, your device will be unlocked and ready to run SIM cards of any network.
To Change the Name and Wi-Fi Password of Your Jazz 4G Device:
- Download the ‘Jazz Wi-Fi app’ on your device and install it.
- Open the app and connect your Jazz Wi-Fi device with the phone.
- On the top left-hand corner, you will see a menu bar. Click on it.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ option and click ‘Wi-Fi settings.
- Change your device name and set a personalized one in the SSID option.
- To change the password, click on the ‘Wi-Fi Key’ and enter a password of your choice.
- To save the settings, click on ‘Apply’.
Please note that these directions may vary for different models of the Jazz 4G devices. However, in all cases, you will have to install the respective drivers according to that model.
Founded in 1994 as a joint venture between Motorola Inc and Saif Group, Mobilink, now known as Jazz is Pakistan’s largest mobile network and internet services provider. Jazz offers a wide variety of mobile networking services including 4G and has recently tested 5G successfully.