These days, having a slower internet speed and limited data is a huge inconvenience for every web user. Having to wait for web pages to load impacts productivity adversely while causing frustration to the user. So, it becomes imperative to deal with such a sluggish internet connection. Apart from upgrading your existing internet connection to higher bandwidth and speed, there isn’t a lot you can do. So, here’s how to upgrade PTCL internet from home.
Related: PTCL Online Complaint
Unlike other internet service providers that use optical fibers, PTCL mostly relies on the copper wires for data transmission. However, PTCL is upgrading its network with reliable and much faster fiber optics. They have started providing the fiber-to–the-home facility in different areas of multiple cities. You can check on their website whether PTCL GPON fiber optic is available in your area or not.
How to Order PTCL GPON Internet Connection
If it’s available, then order your new GPON fiber optic connection today. Here’s how you can do it.
- Access PTCL official website.
- Go to PTCL fiber internet page.
- After opening it, you will see the “click to place an order” option. Click on it.
- Enter all the required information in the form and click on submit.
After placing the order, the customer care representative will call you to confirm your order. You can tell them about the package you want to subscribe to. PTCL team will visit your home and install the new GPON connection.
Note: You can also order your new connection by calling at 1218.
GPON Installation Charges
- New Fiber to the Home (GPON) connection installation charges are Rs.15,000/-
- Conversion charges for existing copper connection to GPON upfront are Rs.7,500/-
Related: How to increase PTCL WiFi speed
How to Upgrade PTCL Internet from Home | Telephone Wire Internet
To upgrade your existing telephone wire internet, you need to do the following.
- Go to PTCL official website.
- Under the internet tab, you will see the “product and packages” option. Click on it.
- A list of packages will appear on your screen. Select the package which you think is best for you.
- In the next step, click on “add to cart & proceed”.
- Once the package has been added to the cart, click on “guest checkout”. If you have a PTCL account then click on “login checkout”.
- Finally, type all the details in the given form and click on “confirm order” to complete the process.
Note: You can also call at PTCL customer assistance helpline 1218 to upgrade your existing internet connection.
PTCL Touch App
PTCL touch app is another way to upgrade your existing internet connection. Just go to App Store or Play Store depending on the device you’re using and download it. For complete procedure, read the following instructions.
- Run the app in your smart device.
- Choose the “login as a guest” option.
- Now tap “online shop” then the internet.
- From the list of options, choose broadband and move on to the next step.
- Select the desired package and tap on “buy now”.
- After that, tap on “checkout” to proceed to the next step.
- Finally, enter all the required details like your number, CNIC, house address etc. to complete the procedure.
Note: You will pay the package charges through your monthly PTCL bill.
For your convenience, we have attached a link containing all the package details. Click here.
There you have it! This is all about how to upgrade PTCL internet from home. If you have found this article helpful, then leave a comment below and share it with your friends.