Calling out all the vegetarians! If you’re tired with the same old vegan dishes, why not try something new and absolutely delicious that will satisfy your taste buds.Say like a dish with vegetable masala that’s full of flavor like its meaty counterpart?
For today, we’ve got something that is just as good for non-vegetarians. Its also perfect for those kids who love desi food but can tend to be finicky when it comes to vegetables.
Not only is this vegetable masala that we’re going to make delicious and packed with flavor, it’s also super healthy!
Ingredients For Making Vegetable Masala
- 8-10 baby onions (peeled)
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 green chilies
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp red chilies
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/5 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 tbsp oil
- First create a paste with tomatoes, garlic, and green chilies.
- In another bowl mix together the yogurt, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, add oil once it gets hot add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and tomato paste, garlic, chili paste. Stir.
- Add yogurt mixture and allow cooking, covering the pan. After 6 minutes add onions and keep it on simmer.
- After 8-9 minutes turn the heat on a higher flame and dry it.
- Lastly, add coriander leaves and chopped green chilies, Serve!
This easy, unique recipe for desi vegetable masala doesn’t even take time to prepare. Don’t forget to let us know in the comments below how this desi meal turned out to be for you and your family.